Jackson DK2T vs Ibanez Prestige

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
    My SLSMG begs to differ with that sentiment.
    I own a '93 Dinky EX pro and a DK2M.... different generations, both japan, both rock my fucking face off.
    +1000
    DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
      minh80 I strongly recommend you to read all the posts in the thread especially mine, and especially before posting something negative

I think this is rather clear.

Yet you're telling me I'm against buying prestiges.. I've had 3 prestiges and still have one.

The rga might be better than the dk2, I'm not casting anything in stone, yet you only sounded like "my guitar is greater than you think"

So I'm not going to get in a childish arguement with you , have fun with your RGA and good luck to the thread starter
      Not a childish argument. Just some good healthy discussion. Nothing against you or anything and I didn't mean to come off that way. Just wanted to post my opinions as well as reading yours. No offensive at all. Didn't mean to come off as my RGA is the best, but I did back up why I liked it and gave some reason. I didn't think I posted anything negative whatsoever. It's all good Nextinline..no hard feelings, okay???

Comment

Ok that's nice, sorry if I came wrong also
        Check my bands!
        www.myspace.com/magicktr
        www.myspace.com/sinif64
        www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
          Ok that's nice, sorry if I came wrong also
          All is well!!!

Comment

Hard to say...I have a RGA321 that is the nicest guitar I've ever played...
            Personally think the two guitars are differents beast though.

The comment that everyone gives...go and try for yourself. Just because one of them is favoured more by one group doesnt mean it suits you the best..

However, like what's said before. The Prestige have a high attention to detail that may or may not do it for you...
            Jason Becker / Paul Gilbert Wannabe

Comment

Hey, thanks everyone for the informative replies! Well, that is my problem, I live nowhere near a music store that has either of these 2 guitars. I have narrowed my search down to these 2 as i want a non-trem, 2 x HB guitar, no more than AU$1500.00, with decent build quality (i.e. japanese).
              The only cheap non-trem Ibanez's I can find here are the RG321's, and they're just not doin it for me. I love the oiled mahogany finish, but overall quality feels a it lacking. I have found a retailer in Sydney doing the DK2T's for $1000.00 as a christmas special, so I might go for it. The cheapest RGA121 I can find here is about $1500.00. I'll let yas know how I go. Thanks again for all the comments. The gist I get from here is that the RGA is a quality instrument, the DK2T is high bang for your buck. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Liam77 View Post
                Hey, thanks everyone for the informative replies! Well, that is my problem, I live nowhere near a music store that has either of these 2 guitars. I have narrowed my search down to these 2 as i want a non-trem, 2 x HB guitar, no more than AU$1500.00, with decent build quality (i.e. japanese).
                The only cheap non-trem Ibanez's I can find here are the RG321's, and they're just not doin it for me. I love the oiled mahogany finish, but overall quality feels a it lacking. I have found a retailer in Sydney doing the DK2T's for $1000.00 as a christmas special, so I might go for it. The cheapest RGA121 I can find here is about $1500.00. I'll let yas know how I go. Thanks again for all the comments. The gist I get from here is that the RGA is a quality instrument, the DK2T is high bang for your buck. Cheers!

The music store where I am sells them new (DK2) for $589...

Comment

In Australia?

Comment

Personally i find Jackson and Ibanez to be the 2 best companies of electric guitars..... but dude, you're asking this on the Jackson board?
                    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Originally posted by Liam77 View Post
                      In Australia?
                      He probably meant USD, but didn't know you were from Australia. I personally dig ESP guitars..but you can't really go wrong with either guitar that you're after. Good luck!

Comment

What colour are you getting it in???

The RGA have a Schallery wraparound type bridge while the dk2t has a string through which you might prefer...

Comment

Most RGA's I've played sound better than most bolt on Japanese Jacksons I've played. I actually have to one day sit down and A/B my RGA321 and my Jackson Archtop Soloist as they're both hardtails.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Originally posted by minh80 View Post
                            He probably meant USD, but didn't know you were from Australia. I personally dig ESP guitars..but you can't really go wrong with either guitar that you're after. Good luck!

Canadian dollars... I live in Ottawa.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
                              The music store where I am sells them new (DK2) for $589...
                              Yep, 589$ canadian. That's about the price in Montreal for a DK2T depending on the finish... The whole problem you gotta add the 14% sales tax over this... But some good talk you can usually get them out of the door without the tax...
                              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
                                Personally i find Jackson and Ibanez to be the 2 best companies of electric guitars..... but dude, you're asking this on the Jackson board?
                                Ha ha! Yes, but I trusted the completely professional and impartial judgement of the board members here!
                                Regarding colours, for some reason there seems to be mainly trans-black finishes on the DK2T's here.
                                The RGA121's only come in sparkle green or red finish in Oz. I don't really like either (red or green sparkles), wish they did the natural ones here...

Comment

Working...
                                X