Jackson DK2T vs Ibanez Prestige

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Liam77 View Post
    Hey, thanks everyone for the informative replies! Well, that is my problem, I live nowhere near a music store that has either of these 2 guitars. I have narrowed my search down to these 2 as i want a non-trem, 2 x HB guitar, no more than AU$1500.00, with decent build quality (i.e. japanese).
    The only cheap non-trem Ibanez's I can find here are the RG321's, and they're just not doin it for me. I love the oiled mahogany finish, but overall quality feels a it lacking. I have found a retailer in Sydney doing the DK2T's for $1000.00 as a christmas special, so I might go for it. The cheapest RGA121 I can find here is about $1500.00. I'll let yas know how I go. Thanks again for all the comments. The gist I get from here is that the RGA is a quality instrument, the DK2T is high bang for your buck. Cheers!
    ******** Dont you guys have Ebay? You should be able to get an
    awesome top of the line W77V Jem for around $1600.00 US. I know shipping may be double...but shop around my brutha! ( oh, and Jem's
    beat DK2's imo! In every department!)

Comment

Nah, I really don't want a floating trem. I would go ebay abroad, but anything imported over $1000 AUD gets hit with a big customs tax, pretty much making it a waste of time to import, unless you are going for stuff that is not readily available here.

Comment

Depends on the Prestige line of course just like the Jackson model you prefer.The RGA is an exellent guitar and I got a DK2 at a pawnshop for 175.00.I do prefer the Prestige but it is a step above a bit in price.Just like everything else,for the most part with guitars(not always)you get what you pay for.Fork out another couple bills and get this guitar.It's the best Ibanez I have ever played and it is in my opinion better than the SL3(yes I do favor Jacksons).Remeber just my opinion.Nothing will ever compare to my new DK1 though it kills all
        Get the guaranteed best price on Solid Body Electric Guitars like the Ibanez RG2610E Electric Guitar at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.
        Last edited by ashden; 01-27-2008, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X