Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson stars body options...

hey, those of you that are jackson stars savvy,
    do you know if the body shape issues exist over there? would jackson stars build firebirds? round horn vs?

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Originally posted by sully View Post
    hey, those of you that are jackson stars savvy,
    do you know if the body shape issues exist over there? would jackson stars build firebirds? round horn vs?

sully
    Nope, at least on the Firebird, I have asked a couple times. Apparently there has never been a Jackson Stars firebird so they won't build it.

I asked them twice nicely and no both times

I haven't asked about round horns. Basically if you can find it in a Jackson Stars catalog and it's not a US one that was sent to Japan, they can probably make it
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Even though my order for a semi custom soloist was sent through a shop last year, the phone number of the factory was on the JacksonStars website, so I was able to call them direct to confirm some of the details.

The guy on the phone told me,

"We'll build you any guitar you want" back then.

However, now that Yamano trading (who sells Fenders in Japan) has taken over the marketing end of things, I think that they will be less flexible.

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
      Apparently there has never been a Jackson Stars firebird so they won't build it.
      The Japanese factory has built firebirds in the past. Maybe not after the switch to the Jackson Stars brand name, though...

Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
        Even though my order for a semi custom soloist was sent through a shop last year, the phone number of the factory was on the JacksonStars website, so I was able to call them direct to confirm some of the details.

The guy on the phone told me,

"We'll build you any guitar you want" back then.

However, now that Yamano trading (who sells Fenders in Japan) has taken over the marketing end of things, I think that they will be less flexible.

The Japanese factory has built firebirds in the past. Maybe not after the switch to the Jackson Stars brand name, though...

http://www.jacksonguitar.org/gall/gall47.html
        The e-mail I got was from Heroaki and said that the maker can not accept orders of the "firebird type" and he was "terrible sorry such inconvenience"
        That was 10/08/2007.

I can't find my e-mail where someone else from Ishibashi told me they wouldn't build anything that hasn't appeared in the catalogs. I went through all of the Jackson Stars ones I could find and the only firebird was a USA custom shop.

If they will build it, I will buy one. so I really hope I was given incorrect information. I've just been asking them for a while now and I get the same answers.

I'm wondering if that's just the folks at Ishibashi not wanting to pursue it? Maybe it's easy to get away with shipping the sort of standard stuff to the US but the one offs are more difficult?
        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I've bought guitars at Ishibashi before, and the staff there are knowledgeable (sp?), so he's probably right.

I called the factory in January of 2007, but I didn't ask specifically about firebirds.
          Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Working...
          X