Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLSMG bad and good things

Hi all there!
    Well I'm going to sell my Jackson DKMG and go with the SLSMG (I dont like floyd )
    So if you can tell me the bad things that I have to know about slsmg?
    And on what things that I have to look carefully when buying?
    sorry about bad english.

I own one, and I personally cannot think of any negatives, though sometimes it would be nice to have a whammy for expression options. I would definitely try one out before you buy though, they definitely have their own feel to them. Some like em, some dont.
    www.myspace.com/madeaband
    www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

Welcome to the board!

Make sure you try before you buy.
      I have seen a few SLSMGs go through the local FMIC outlet center here in Hamburg.
      Once there came in two of them at the same time, and one had quite a weak sound to it unplugged. Plugged in too, but it was the old model with the EMG HZs, so...
      the other one sounded at least twice as good.
      Of course you can have that with any guitar model, so it's more of a general advice. Maybe bad wood selection is more likely to be noticed on the SLSMGs because of the low body mass.

That said, the playability on all SLSMGs is beyond amazing and if you get the new model with the active EMGs you are set (if you like EMGs, that is).
      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

well unfortunally I must order it. I tried once an I liked it, but because I must order first, I wanna know what I must look carfully before buying...

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
        Once there came in two of them at the same time, and one had quite a weak sound to it unplugged. Plugged in too, but it was the old model with the EMG HZs, so...
        the other one sounded at least twice as good.
        bad thing that I can't do that comparasing..

good thing is that i like EMG

@tseegert
        I don't like whammy so this is bingo for me!

well I must admit that I'm scared of what it's gonna sound unplugged because most of time at home I play unplugged.
        Last edited by brada; 12-18-2007, 09:57 AM.

Comment

My SLSMG sounds fantastic unplugged. It is the longest I have owned a guitar actually - I sold it, and regret it so much, I bought it back from the guy I sold it to. I like the combination of all mahogany, ebony board, and the tapered body. It plays very, very well and sounds great. I had the new version that came with EMG actives from the factory but have switched them for Seymour Duncan Blackouts. It sounds much better in D standard/drop C kind of tunings but starts to get kind of muddy below B standard. Absolutely fantastic guitar though, and the price you can get them for second hand is absolutely criminal.

Comment

Working...
          X