X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion EX

Just bought one.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=011
    I understand that these have the shorter (Gibson) scale.
    Pickguard look makes it look kinda Ibanez to me, but I like it in a strange way.
    Anyhow... I'm interested in all opinions.
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

I for one really like the look of pickguard'd Jacksons/Charvels. The color scheme on your looks great! Congrats on your new axe! Be sure to post your experiences.

Comment

Thanks ZZB!
      I'll let you know how she plays when she gets here.
      --floydkramer

Comment

Congratulations! I had a blue one for awhile. Check the lower bridge post...looks like yours is "loose" or shifted toward the pickguard. Mine was the same way when I got it. If that is the case, PM me and I will tell you how I fixed mine.
        Last edited by satch0922; 12-22-2007, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Looks sharp, nice score.
          Just one more guitar!

Comment

Thanks scotty.
            satch, that's really sharp... I hope the tip is nice and clean like yours... couldn't tell from the pics posted.
            Did you have to drill out/install a larger bushing or something?
            How do they play? They are Gibson scale, right?
            --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
              They are Gibson scale, right?
              Yeah, Fusions are 24.75".

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
                Thanks scotty.
                satch, that's really sharp... I hope the tip is nice and clean like yours... couldn't tell from the pics posted.
                Did you have to drill out/install a larger bushing or something?
                How do they play? They are Gibson scale, right?

It played really nice. If I still had it I would stick another pickup in the bridge. Put a Seymour Duncan SH10 in that guitar and it would be awesome.

If you have a problem with the trem post, here is what I did. Take the trem and the post out, fill the hole with a dowl...glue it in. Then make sure you have the correct size drill bit and redrill the hole. Reinstall the post and trem and your good to go. No big deal really.

Comment

Very cool.
                  I've had to do that on three project guitars over the past year or so.
                  We'll see how she looks upon arrival.
                  Could be the angle of the picture... tough to tell.
                  I'll keep the pickup suggestion in mind!
                  Thanks for the info.
                  --floydkramer

Comment

I have one. It's a dark purple-ish type of color. A previous owner had installed EMG's (real ones, not Selects). Very sweet neck.
                    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

PowerTube,
                      I got the guitar yesterday and know what you mean by sweet neck...
                      WOW very nice.
                      It's one of those neck that you can set the action too low, and have to raise it.
                      Nice option. hehe
                      Previous owner had the tremolo studs wound wayyyy out, and the knife-edge pivoting on the threads of the studs...
                      I corrected that, then took about a half turn of tension off the truss rod and the setup was done.
                      Freaking perfect condition, in spite of the way he packed it.
                      Nice addition to the herd... Now get along little doggies!

--floydkramer

Comment

Nice score (from a fellow Fusion Freak).

Comment

I have owned a few Fusions, 2 USA and 1 Fusion EX. They were all great, except the skinny necks. If I could find even a medium/thin necked one, I would but it!! By the way I love 24.75 scale guitars the best

Jack

Comment

good news indeed. Congratulations!

Comment

satch,
                              yesssss... great news. you had me sweating the trem post issue.
                              I couldn't believe what I saw when I unpacked it, but was very happy at the same time.
                              I'm pretty sure this unit has been played about 8 hours max.
                              Daddy bought it for me, and I never played type thing.
                              Very cool guitar, and unique.
                              Spikey Likey
                              Peace man!
                              --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                              X