Stealth Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stealth Love

I bought mine several years ago and just got the Q-Knobs installed! I'm new to the forums here and ain't seeing a lot about the stealth. I truley love playing mine, just installed a Dimarzio Super Distortion in the bridge and have Seymour Duncans in the middle and neck.

Thinking of picking up another Jackson, I believe it's a Dinky of some sort (bolt on neck, reverse head stock, 2 Seymour duncans (they look like EMG style so I don't know if there active, Floyd), figure this would be a good place to do some research!

Thanks
    Fender Stratocaster Custom Shop Custom Classic
    Fender Stratocaster Eric Clapton sig
    Fender Telecaster Standard MM
    Jackson Dinky DKMGT
    Jackson Stealth EX
    Charvel 375
    Ibanez Daytripper
    OLP Musicman
    Carvin C250

Mesa 5:50 Express
    Sonic 4 x 12

welcome to the forum. Nice Stealth EX there. I have one in that same color and one in the cool Stone finish. Great players for sure.

What is the 1 hum white guitar to the right in your picture?

At first I thought I was going crazyu looking at your member name, as it's similar to another member here, Sully. I was like Sully is a new member??? word...

Comment

[quote=Jackson-Charvel;1029999]
      What is the 1 hum white guitar to the right in your picture?
      quote]

That's a HACKED Charvel 375, had the HSS configuration and I filled in the 2 single coils (routed the holes square and dropped in some basewood) then replaced the bridge PU with a Dimarzio Super Distortion. Scalloped the last 4 frets and put a phoney Charvel logo on the headstock (it had the toothpaste logo), spray painted white and threw a decal on it. It's a fun guitar to play. The one on the left is my Eric Clapton Signiture Strat! Fun to play but rather boring at times, that was the idea of making the 375 into a beater that I don't have to worry about breaking!
      Fender Stratocaster Custom Shop Custom Classic
      Fender Stratocaster Eric Clapton sig
      Fender Telecaster Standard MM
      Jackson Dinky DKMGT
      Jackson Stealth EX
      Charvel 375
      Ibanez Daytripper
      OLP Musicman
      Carvin C250

Mesa 5:50 Express
      Sonic 4 x 12

Comment

I don't have any "guitar-only" pics right now, but here's one of me with my Stealth TH-2.

It's the oddball of the Stealth series, with 3+3 headstock and a fulcrum trem, but I *love* it and plan to track down another someday. I got some cheap pickups and locking tuners from GuitarFetish.Com and "ebonized" the fretboard as well. Mine has an ash body and is extremely light. The budget upgrades worked out nicely, and it has performed great as a gigging and recording guitar.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
          It's the oddball of the Stealth series, with 3+3 headstock and a fulcrum trem, but I *love* it and plan to track down another someday. I got some cheap pickups and locking tuners from GuitarFetish.Com and "ebonized" the fretboard as well. Mine has an ash body and is extremely light. The budget upgrades worked out nicely, and it has performed great as a gigging and recording guitar.
          I really dig it, what's the official name of that color? I'm pretty sure i have the same finish on my dinky pro from 93... is it from around that era?

Anyway, ebonizing, eh? I really wanted to try that out on one of my poopier guitars in case i fuck up. How did you do it? Was it the steel wool + vinegar technique?

Anyway, cool pic, cool guitar and btw, whens Under Eden coming to montreal?!?!?!?
          DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Working...
          X