Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a DK2T-Crimson Swirl

Got pics now, see below.

Plays great, and I can finally play a much wider variety of songs (only had a KE2 before-floyd).

I'll have some pics up after I change my strings, which will be quicker if you guys can answer this rather stupid question...

When I was taking off the strings(all of them at once...make cleaning it up quicker), the bridge fell off!(oh noes!)...Not a big deal, until I realized I didn't know which way to put it back on. Yes, it has been a long time, try not to laugh.
    I'm thinking the "screw side" of the bridge should be aiming towards the end of the body, while the "nut side/end of screw side" should be aiming toward the bridge pickup. Am I correct? I just don't really want to put the bridge back on backwards and find the intonation is worse than it already is. Yes, I still have to look some guidelines on intonation setup too(see above^)
    Last edited by JACKS0NESP; 12-22-2007, 09:49 PM. Reason: Got a DK2T-Crimson Swirl->PICS

Yes, the screw heads should face toward the rear of the body. That way, you can set for intonation.
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

That's what I thought, thanks man.

Comment

You're welcome. Now get those strings on and lets see those pics.
        MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

On my DK2T the screw heads our on the pickup side of the bridge, with the adjustment nuts on the ferrule side of the bridge. That said, I dont think it matters that much, the adjustment nuts on my bridge are orientated with the angle side facing the pickups on three of them, with the other three facing the string-thru ferrules. Now, having said all that, I like the screw head facing the pickups, because trying to adjust them on the ferrule side looks like it would be harder, because the string tension will be less flexible than on the pickup side.

Comment

I had my bridge fall off my Crimson Swirl DK2T when I first got it.... Get out of my head! Seriously, congrats, those CS DK2Ts are killer.

Comment

only once have I seen Crimson Swirl in person...and it was amazing.

Now lets see some pics

Comment

Sorry about the camera, it was the only one I had on hand. The pictures really don't do it justice, but you get the idea.

this is dad holding the guitar, btw...visiting for x-mas. He seems to like it too!

I don't think this will make him change over from the dark side though (has a Gibson Les Paul Custom-82(?) and a new Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus).
                Last edited by JACKS0NESP; 12-22-2007, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Amazing! That is one great looking axe! Congrats!
                  Jackson DK2M Red Ghost Flame
                  Jackson Performer RR
                  Ibanez RG7421 w/Blaze's
                  Fender Acoustic
                  Blackstar HT-5 head
                  Blackheart 1X12 cabinet
                  Rocktron Xpression effects rack

Comment

Nice one....

Comment

very nice guitar

i was looking into this guitar before i bought another, but very nice

Comment

These guitars look much more better with black hardware. Congrats enjoy it.

Comment

Very nice. I really like the Crimson Swirl finish. I bet it sounds and plays as nice as it looks.
                          RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
                          CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
                          Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
                          Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Definitely one of the nicest crimson swirls I've seen so far, works very well on the DK2T! No floyd or pickguard covering up body space.

Congrats on getting such a beautiful guitar, nice photos too!
                            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Working...
                              X