Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial Number spec lookup for a Dinky

Hi guys,

I've got a Dinky but I'm looking for original specs on it.

I purchased it new sometime around 2000 2001, but there is no model number stamped anywhere on this.

It's all black, FR Pat. Double Locking Tremelo, maple neck, 24 fret rosewood fretboard with sharkfin inlays, reverse headstock, dual humbuckers (no markings, think they are duncan designed?), 3 way pickup selector, 1 volume 1 tone control.

serial number is 99050161. (I read all 8 digit numbers were Indian made)

Looking for year, type of wood used for the body, type of pickups, and a model number. In all my years of looking I've never found a guitar exactly like it at any of the major dealers. The DX10 is close, minus the sharkfin inlays and reverse headstock. All help is appreciated. I'm about to sell this and want to make sure I'm marketing it correctly.

DX10D? http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=51&pos=12

If I'm actually right about the model, check out the specs pages of the 2001 catalog for specs. The search will also help.
    Last edited by ZZB; 12-27-2007, 02:56 PM.

Comment

I'd have guessed DR3...
      - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

DR3 was mid-late 90s, and was made in Japan. This is an 8-digit serial which means India.

Could be whatever became the DKMG, before the HZs.

What gets me are the "bought it new" and "unmarked pickups" - one of those statements doesn't fit.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Funny how they always say "bought it new", "don't know which model it is" and say "I'm going to sell it and need to know how to price it".
          Smells fishy to me.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

You

You forgot "I'm selling it for a friend..."

Originally posted by straycat View Post
            Funny how they always say "bought it new", "don't know which model it is" and say "I'm going to sell it and need to know how to price it".
            Smells fishy to me.

Comment

1999 DX10D Dinky
              Made In India
              Wood is either alder or cedro
              Worth between 100 - 150
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
              X