Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Kelly Professional, not Pro, $760...NOT MINE

http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedgea...stId=104552595

I called, because I'm mental, and yes, that is a "Professional" you see washed out by the flash on the headstock.

He said it's immaculate, but that guitars in that shape just don't "move" so it's priced to do just that. Brandon is the guitar manager and he said if anyone's interested to ask for him.

I've bought off the used website before- they will ship to you.

Someone needs to nail that before I get myself in big, big trouble.

And if you do, please let us know and take some pics!

Vass, blowing big clouds of GAS so you don't have to.

Looks like a Kelly XL that was modded with a tone control. And that price is too expensive anyway.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

XL would be rosewood, no? Looked like ebony- admittedly difficult to tell by the photo. The guy on the phone said it was ebony as well, for whatever that's worth.

Kelly Pro would have vol/selector/tone, this looks like vol/tone/selector.

Kelly XL would just be vol/selector....?

I would imagine @ $750 an XL wouldn't be quite as good a deal to say the least. For the Professional? I don't know...seems like nobody's had much luck getting USA Kellys on the cheap lately & this is the first Kelly "Professional" (if that's what it is) I've seen in some time... I posted it because if there's someone dying for a good-quality Kelly way under a grand this might not be a bad way to go. Saw a couple Rhoads Pro's go off for that much almost exactly on the Bay recently.

Also- With his comment that "these don't really move around the store" I wouldn't be surprised if an offer could be made that would be met with success.

Vass
      Last edited by Vass; 12-28-2007, 06:32 PM.

Comment

The Kelly Professional XL does have a rosewood board (and only a volume and toggle). You said it wasn't a Kelly Pro, so that's why I assumed it was an XL. A Pro is part of the Professional line, but it does have an ebony board. If it is indeed a Pro, then someone swapped the toggle and tone controls around.

Also, the XL model would have a bolt-on neck. The Pro would be neck-thru.

Maybe the prices are rising on them, so maybe the price wouldn't be too bad for an import, but it seems a little steep to me. I paid about $425 for my old Kelly XLR about 5 years back (same as the XL, just reverse sharks and headstock).

Comment

OH yikes, I'm confusing Pro/Professional I guess? Shit. I am. I was trying to say it's not a KE3, but an old school Pro.

Sorry about that- I meant to say, or at least relay, that it's an old Pro, ebony, not a new Professional, rosewood.

Would love to mod the subject line but can't.

Vass
          Last edited by Vass; 12-28-2007, 06:54 PM.

Comment

I'd say most things on this one points to a Kelly Pro released between 1992-1995, but the lousy picture shure does make it difficult. As Joe said, the easiest way to find out: ask if it's neck-thru.

EDIT: Too late, didn't see Vass' last post.
            Last edited by jackson1; 12-28-2007, 07:01 PM.
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
              OH yikes, I'm confusing Pro/Professional I guess? Shit. I am. I was trying to say it's not a KE3, but an old school Pro.
              We all get Dazed and ProConfused every now and then.

Comment

It looks like a Professional Series Pro Kelly.

But it could also be a Professional Series STD Kelly (depending upon if it is neck through or not).

The STD version had a bound neck with shark fins too, but had a bolt on neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
                  It looks like a Professional Series Pro Kelly.

But it could also be a Professional Series STD Kelly (depending upon if it is neck through or not).

The STD version had a bound neck with shark fins too, but had a bolt on neck.
                  No, the Kelly Standard had white plastic dot inlays and no binding. I know, because it was the first Jackson I ever owned, and it did have a bolt-on neck.

Also, here's the specs of the Pro, XL and Std. http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage....525&fullsize=1

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    No, the Kelly Standard had white plastic dot inlays and no binding. I know, because it was the first Jackson I ever owned, and it did have a bolt-on neck.

Also, here's the specs of the Pro, XL and Std. http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage....525&fullsize=1

Oops I was confusing the STD and the XL.

In the RR series, of which I have a STD from 1993-93, the STD was the middle of the road one.

http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=61&pos=4

So it could either be a Pro, or a XL then based upon if the neck is bolt on or neck through..

Comment

Working...
                    X