bl l-500xl yes/no

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bl l-500xl yes/no

new to this forum and new to jackson guitars i just picked up a soloists xl professional and was thinking of putting a bill lawrence l500xl..one of the biggests reason is the price..am i making a mistake or will it sound good..the way i see it...it should sound better than the factory..so does anybody have or tried one of these pups in this guitar

thanx
    dennis

pssssttttt... Dennis go back to Bloodred ...j/k man....
    the bill lawrence should sound killer man
    or another great hot pup is the Dimarzio X2N
    http://www.myspace.com/deadsoldier2

Comment

Get the "Bill and Becky" L500xl. I had the BILL LAWRENCE USA pick up first, then changed it out for a "Bill and Becky" and I prefer the Bill and Becky model. You can waste your time reading all of the controversy about which is the "Real" thing but I will tell you....it is a waste of time. The Bill and Becky l500XL is loud with lots of gain yet it can be tamed. It will bump and grind with the best of them and shriek like to other at the same time.

Bottom line, the Bill and Becky has high quality construction and in my Dean ML it sounds better than the "USA" model that you can buy from StewMac.

Comment

Originally posted by satch0922 View Post
        Get the "Bill and Becky" L500xl. I had the BILL LAWRENCE USA pick up first, then changed it out for a "Bill and Becky" and I prefer the Bill and Becky model. You can waste your time reading all of the controversy about which is the "Real" thing but I will tell you....it is a waste of time. The Bill and Becky l500XL is loud with lots of gain yet it can be tamed. It will bump and grind with the best of them and shriek like to other at the same time.

Bottom line, the Bill and Becky has high quality construction and in my Dean ML it sounds better than the "USA" model that you can buy from StewMac.

http://www.billlawrence.com/Pages/Or...troduction.htm

I have the Bill lawrence USA in my Jackson dk2m at the moment, ive bought the Bill & Becky one, waiting for it to arrive.

Thought the USA one was a bit thin soundin, and the dynamic wasnt so good, and not so much gain either.
        I hope the Bill & Becky one is better.

How would you compare the differences between them ?

Comment

The USA seemed thin to me as well. The B&B can be run a little lower and still have plenty of bite. That may be where it shines...giving a little more warmth and letting the guitar's tone come through better.

Comment

ya i am going to get the b&b but the wierd thing is ,i told them what guitar i was going to put it in and the said they don't recommend that i use that pickup because in my guitar i have h/s/s (whatever)gonnna give it a shot anyway like i said it's gota sound better than the stock pickup.

Comment

They probably told you that because the l500xl will over power the single coils and defeat the purpose of a H-S-S set up. At any rate, you will have a shredding machine when you get it installed.

Comment

ya well i hardly ever even use the singles any way...so i wil just wait for the pup to get here and if i don't like the sound i have i seymour duncan invader in a hamer explorer might swap them

thanks guys
                its been very hard to get an answer i tried other forums
                and every body always brings up (are you trying to copy dime)
                no! i just like the price

Comment

I have a BL USA L500XL in the bridge of my 92 Jackson Fusion XL. This has
                  a HSS configuration, and I have the stock single space dual rails in the middle and
                  neck position. I was able to balance the output fine by adjusting the pickup height.
                  I like this pickup, but I've always wanted to try a Bill and Becky version, maybe this
                  year sometime.

Karl

Comment

Working...
                  X