DKMGT in Trans Finishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DKMGT in Trans Finishes

Hi all. I was thinking of buying a MGT in a trans finish. I really dont like floyds otherwise I would be looking at a DK2M. I have a cobalt blue MGT, but I would like it to be just a bit "brighter sounding". Will the maple cap on the trans finish give me what I am looking for? I really just cannot seem to put my MGT down and it is my favorite. I hardly ever play my DK2S. I already know they are great guitars and I am not crazy about the EMG's in them, but a pup swap isnt too hard an issue to deal with.
    Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

I dought the maple cap would brighten the tone at all. I think they're only 1/8" thick.

I used to have a trans finish DKMGT. It was really deep green. I think it was called "Black Forest", or something. I loved that guitar, and wish I still had it.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Just bought this one and my other guitars are already getting pissed had to give the Stealth and the Charvel some love today. I'm very pleased with the purchase, don't know if I like the EMG's yet, always been a Dimarzio Super Distortion fan. Playability though and looks, I love! it.

Fender Stratocaster Custom Shop Custom Classic
      Fender Stratocaster Eric Clapton sig
      Fender Telecaster Standard MM
      Jackson Dinky DKMGT
      Jackson Stealth EX
      Charvel 375
      Ibanez Daytripper
      OLP Musicman
      Carvin C250

Mesa 5:50 Express
      Sonic 4 x 12

Comment