KVX10 replacement nut size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KVX10 replacement nut size

Hi guys! I am replacing all the chrome hardware on my KVX10 (flamed trans-blue top... ) with black. Looks WAY better so far too. Pics coming soon by the way.

Anyway, I am looking to replace the nut and am stuck. I see that the R3 and R4 nut sizes are both 1-11/16", so does anyone know which one I actually need? I know it has to do with string spacing but I have no clue which is which, or which one they used on the KVX10. Any insight would be extremely helpful.

On that note, anyone interested in trading chrome for black hardware let me know. I still need black tuners, a black jack plate, and black nut. So if you've got any of that stuff and wanna trade for my chrome parts, PM me. It's all mint.
    - Adam

Nobody?
    - Adam

Comment

R3 narrow, R4 wide... Typically if you have binding R3 is the way to go. Personally I prefer the R3 anyway. One problem you may have if you go with a Schaller R3 or R4 is that the shelf on your neck is not cut deep enough. Typically on imports the locking nuts are not the same as OFR or Schaller.

Comment

Cool Thanks dude! I will go with the R3. I'll get an import nut too, so I wont have to worry about a mismatch. Thanks again!!
        - Adam

Comment

Working...
        X