please help identify!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help identify!!!

hey guys, new to this forum. i just bought a Dinky from GC for $100. im assuming its japanese, but i wanted to know for sure. its black, 6 string, reverse headstock w/ jackson logo(not professional), triangle or sharktooth inlay, hard tail, volume, tone, 3 way gibson style toggle switch, silver(not chrome) hardware, and an easy access neck joint( still has a plate though)..... oy ya, i dont remember the serial number exactily, but starts like... 964XXXX. sorry i dont have any pics, i have to get a camera... thanks alot guys!
    My myspace...
    www.myspace.com/deathbyshredding
    My band's myspace...
    www.myspace.com/monkeysandmidgets

sorry in advance guys, im mostly an Ibanez player!!

Probably a dr-3 The serial indicates it's japanese, sounds like a nice score to me Congrats..
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

could be, mines 22 frets though, should have said that bafore... wish i had a camera, thats kinda inconvenient... are the japanese guitars very high quality? was this made before or after the fender buyout?
      My myspace...
      My band's myspace...

Comment

It was made before the fender buy out but people here seem to think that it has no effect on the production quality, especially for japanese jacksons. They are still manufactured in the same factory by the same people

Why not use the catalog scans on Henrik's site?

http://audiozone.dk/cm/jackson-charv...alog-scans.php

I'd check the years 96 to 99, yours should be made sometime between, welcome to the board btw
        Check my bands!
        www.myspace.com/magicktr
        www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

should be around 1998

Hi Berkay!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Definately a DR6. Satin Chrome (brushed silver) hardware, plastic pearloid sharkies and the 22 fret neck (not many Jackson's with 22 frets in any era for that matter) Great guitar.

Comment

thanks for the help guys!!! ya, it looks like a black version of the DR6 in the 2000 catalog. this doesnt seem like a bad guitar, perhaps this will take me down the Jackson path rather than the Ibanez stuff im used to... which has been dropping in quality for that last couple of years.
              My myspace...
              My band's myspace...

Comment

you by chance didn't buy that from the nashua guitar center? does it have duncans in it too? if it is that guitar you just beat me by a few hrs because i emailed the manager and to get a shipping quote and when i called to pay for it by credit card he said it was just sold. that was a damn good deal for $100. oh well better luck next time.
                don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
                http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...597cebb139.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  should be around 1998

Hi Berkay!
                  Kardes where have you been???

We need more of your posts here dammit
                  Check my bands!
                  www.myspace.com/magicktr
                  www.myspace.com/sinif64