Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soloist Pro

Hey everyone,

I have a '94 Soloist Pro (Japan) with J50 Bridge and two J200's c/w JE1200 midboost.

I think am going to go for a SH-4 JB with two cool rails and keep the midboost.

I am not a metal head - I just want to bring the best open, full rock sound out of my Soloist. I have gone for mid-power pickups because I have a Marshall JVM - which is not short of gain.

What do you guys think?

let us see!!!

its a good idea man. maybe keep the mid pickup as a singlecoil tho coz that way u can get cool stratish bluesy sounds out of the guitar too for extra versitality

Comment

The stock neck/middle pickups are J-200 stacked humbuckers, not single coils, unfortunately. I put a Duncan Quarter Pounder into the middle of my Soloist Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
        The stock neck/middle pickups are J-200 stacked humbuckers, not single coils, unfortunately. I put a Duncan Quarter Pounder into the middle of my Soloist Pro.

and what is it in the neck and bridge on your lovely yellow soloist?
        looks like JB jr. and Duncan Distortion...a?
        Don't drink & drive if you can smoke & fly!!!

Comment

Duncan Custom in the bridge and Little '59er in the neck. I'm going to change the neck to a Hot Rails the next time I change the strings. Oh, and I left the original volume control position blank for a reason. I work the trem bar with my fingertips while I'm picking, and it constantly hits the volume knob if there is one in that position. I should get a cover for the hole, I guess.

The Duncan Custom sounds great in the bridge, by the way. I prefer it to the JB, but that's just for me--I think the consensus is that the JB is the best pickup for Soloists.

Comment

Wow. One of the coolest Soloists I've ever seen.

Comment

Duncan Custom in the bridge and Little '59er in the neck. I'm going to change the neck to a Hot Rails the next time I change the strings. Oh, and I left the original volume control position blank for a reason. I work the trem bar with my fingertips while I'm picking, and it constantly hits the volume knob if there is one in that position. I should get a cover for the hole, I guess.

The Duncan Custom sounds great in the bridge, by the way. I prefer it to the JB, but that's just for me--I think the consensus is that the JB is the best pickup for Soloists.

i have same soloist pro but in pearl white,
              i've found Duncans to be little bit trebly in the neck-thru, so i put a Dimarzio Tone-Zone in the bridge - the fattest sound i've ever heard...
              and Hot rails in neck...however i think it's little bit muddy in the neck (on lower strings only)
              Don't drink & drive if you can smoke & fly!!!

Comment

The later ones came with J-100 singlecoils.

Comment

Sorry it took so long - Here she is...................

Comment

Oh, I like that finish a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by goshac View Post
                      i have same soloist pro but in pearl white,
                      i've found Duncans to be little bit trebly in the neck-thru, so i put a Dimarzio Tone-Zone in the bridge - the fattest sound i've ever heard...
                      and Hot rails in neck...however i think it's little bit muddy in the neck (on lower strings only)
                      Duncans can be a little trebly in the bridge, but the combo of the Custom and a 250k tone pot in my Soloist are just huge and fat sounding. Total Jeff Beck if you want to go there (which is mainly the type of stuff I use this guitar for).

Comment

I have just ordered:

JB for the bridge

Vintage Rails for the middle

Cool Rails for the neck

I liked the sound of the Vintage Rails on the SD website and thought it should give me some more options.

What do you guys think?

Also, the cable from the single coil sized Jackson pickups comes out of one end - not the middle as the SD's do. Does anybody have any suggestions for routing the SD's cables round to the existing cable way? - Dremmel?

Comment

And here she is in action..........

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by jjjacksonjjj View Post
                            Also, the cable from the single coil sized Jackson pickups comes out of one end - not the middle as the SD's do. Does anybody have any suggestions for routing the SD's cables round to the existing cable way? - Dremmel?

Check this out, I talk about the method I use in this thread.

Love that yellow Soloist, BTW.

Comment

Is the logo MOP on the soloist pro?

Comment

Working...
                              X