• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
    Is the logo MOP on the soloist pro?
    Yes it is, it's just a crap photo

Comment

They arrived today and are in! - almost. Just need to get a soldering iron tomorrow and then see how these babies sound.

No routing was required either With the J200's being so deep there is plenty of room underneath the SD rails to route the wire, you just need to carefully bend the wire from the middle of the pickup down so that they will slide into the recesses.

I will let you know how they sound tomorrow - hopefully.

Comment

Finished wiring the SD's in last night, and had a quick blast.

I have to say these make a massive improvement. I liked the original Jackson pickups, but these are a different class. Smooth, powerful, everything I had hoped for .

The JB Trembucker is open sounding, with plenty of power and bite. The perfect all round rock pickup IMHO.

The Vintage Rails is great. It is a full sounding single coil which combines nicely with the JB for clean tones.

The Cool Rails is warm, without sounding muddy (as the Jacksons could be) and has marginally more power that the VR.

I have to get used to using the mid-boost differently though. I think the Jackson pickups were balanced somewhere in the middle of the boost so you could roll it back to thin things out or have it on full for heavier stuff. With the SD's they are at full level with the boost down and get a more noticeable boost as you roll it up.

All in all I couldn't be happier. I wish I had done this 10 years ago.

Comment

Yeah, the Duncans make a big difference. I removed the active electronics from mine, and have done so in all the various Charvels and Jacksons I've had with the J1200 circuit.

Comment

Working...
          X