soloist xl professional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soloist xl professional

hey guys i got a little question:i recently purchased a 93 soloists xl professional and i paid 600$ can.it came with a jackson hardshell case kinda shaped like a chainsaw .the guitar is mint is 600 a fair price.......either way it is a deadly guitar.besides the stock pickups but they are coming out soon
    Last edited by sinned; 01-17-2008, 10:49 PM.

That might be slightly on the high side, considering that you can still occasionally find a Soloist Pro for that amount, but it's not out of the ballpark. The only functional difference between the XL and the Pro is that the XL has a rosewood fretboard, while the Pro has ebony.

Comment

Is that the same guitar as Charvel 650xl?

Comment

Its...

Its a little high...but they are great guitars.

I won a dead mint closet queen 1994 XL black w/HBC HC for $249 shipped off ebay. Arrived and my jaw hit the floor...not a ding/scratch...or even belt rash. Threw a SD Full Shred w/A8 magnet in the bridge, a SD Screamen Demon in the neck, and a Floyd Rose "Pro" on her..absolute bliss!!

Comment

Originally posted by butrus View Post
          Is that the same guitar as Charvel 650xl?
          Not exactly, but the Soloist XL was the successor model to the 650xl when J/C discontinued most of the Charvel line in 1992. Essentially, they took the 650xl and updated it to the then current Soloist features, such as a recessed trem and smaller neck heel. I do recall that the one downgrade from the 650xl was that the Soloist XL had passive electronics, unlike the 650 that had the same active electronics package as the earlier Model 6 and the Soloist Pro. But that's not necessarily a bad thing, since it makes it a lot easier to replace the craptacular Jackson pickups with better ones.

Comment

Working...
          X