Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demmel V

It's about time someone made a post..

It looks to be a MIJ KV with cut aways in the center of the V, and black binding.

No word on bridge options yet, or pricing. I assume that the inlays are plastic?

This picture was taken by Matt from Matts Music. BTW he has great pricing for other Jacksons.

Despite the relative obscurity of PD, this axe looks like a serious winner. I'm not even that fond of the KV. Somehow that little cutaway along with the painted bevels really makes the whole thing pop.

I saw Vio-lence a few times as a wee metalhead. I laughed my teenage ass off to Dicks of Death. I might have to get one of those!

Comment

It looks cool i guess. But why black binding again , it is just nonsense.

Comment

Looks eh, ok. They shoulda left the board blank... and black binding? Why? Thats so fucking pointless. As stuckaj said in another thread, swing and a miss! Good job Jackson.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by åron View Post
          I saw Vio-lence a few times as a wee metalhead. I laughed my teenage ass off to Dicks of Death.
          12 inches of dangling doom! :ROTF:
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
            Looks eh, ok. They shoulda left the board blank... and black binding? Why? Thats so fucking pointless. As stuckaj said in another thread, swing and a miss! Good job Jackson.

Totall agree,, the Black binding runes it for me.

I think that it's a killer sweet guitar, and if I can get one with white (or off white) binding,,I'm getting one fore sure.

The red one looks friken awesome.

Comment

I think, maybe... the outer wings should have been lengthened a bit. To me the inner protrusions kinda make the whole thing look more like a mini-KV instead. Oh well, at least it's cool to have SOMEthing new from Jackson this NAMM.

Black binding? Wtf. Sigh.

Comment

i don't really understand why you guys trash talk black binding..... hell at least it has binding. i agree it would look cool with white binding but to call it a swing and miss, is a bit of an over statement IMO.
                "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                  i don't really understand why you guys trash talk black binding..... hell at least it has binding. i agree it would look cool with white binding but to call it a swing and miss, is a bit of an over statement IMO.

I don't think that it's a swing and miss,,it's just a preference for me. It's hard to see the black against a black fret board that's all. White stands out, and IMO looks much nicer.

It would make or break the decision for me.

Comment

Theres really no point to binding besides looks... it doesent feel that much different from a finished non-bound neck. Ive got plenty of both and theres not much of a difference in feeling.

That being said, why bother then? And the inlays, which are sure to be plastic because apparently MOP costs as much as gold now a days (insert sarcastic smilie here)... they shoulda staid close to his actual sig, no inlays. Would have been a nice change, plastic inlays are getting a bit played out.
                    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I don't see the trouble with black binding. To me this axe screams to be played. I might have to get one of these, this year...
                      Facebook - Youtube

Comment

I remember there were some RRs with the cuts in the wings like that on the Jackson website around a year ago or so.
                        I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by kuerbo View Post
                          I don't see the trouble with black binding. To me this axe screams to be played. I might have to get one of these, this year...
                          Same here. I don't care if a guitar has binding or not. Though, like RobRR said, it does seem kind of pointless when you can't really see it.

I also don't understand why it's got a battery box? Are people so lazy to get a screwdriver once a year or so to open the cavity to change a battery?!? LOL

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Add me to the "wtf black binding" camp. White/ivory binding really sets off an ebony board, and I'm not sure why they wouldn't use it if they're putting binding on anyways.
                            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I can understand black binding, but not on a board with sharkies. Besides this guitar is too different to be confused with any other (a thought I had); let's start a petition, before they make ivoroid binding a USA only option.
                              Last edited by anuske9; 01-19-2008, 11:26 PM.
                              -Adam

Comment

Working...
                              X