Demmel V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly..

White or ivory binding, and no inlays...

Comment

I must be one of the few that dont care about the black binding or the inlays...although no inlays would just look bad ass

Hopefully I will be able to afford one...next year, or maybe the year after that...

Comment

Originally posted by destructin_od View Post
        It looks cool i guess. But why black binding again , it is just nonsense.
        +10000
        What's this new obsession Jackson has with black binding? It's pointless IMO. Did they get a massive discount on black plastic???? That's the only thing that would turn me AWAY from this axe. Otherwise it's pretty damn sweet!
        - Adam

Comment

Originally posted by destructin_od View Post
          It looks cool i guess. But why black binding again , it is just nonsense.
          By the way, any word on pricing for this? I am guessing in the same ballpark as the RR24?
          - Adam

Comment

Jackson made a hackjob signature model.

As said before it should have plank board and ivoroid binding. And what's with the strat style blade switch? It should be three way toggle.

I like the shape and colors but it just looks wrong with those alterations to Phil's own design.

Morton, COW and Bond's models are much closer to what those guys actually play. Why not this one?
            Last edited by Kisonen; 01-20-2008, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
              Exactly..

White or ivory binding, and no inlays...
              If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

I think this is the most ass kickin' guitar Jackson has released in years. I don't care for PD...I hardly know who he is...but this is a guitar I'd buy today if I had the cash. Neck-through import KV goodness = yay! The cutouts make it look a little different, but not in a bad way. But I DO wonder where the output jack sits??

But look at the control layout! Apparently Mr Demmel is a man with a similar tastes in guitar controls as I! I'm not too crazy about the blade (I would have preferred a toggle switch), but at least you don't get a fucking volume knob on top of the pup ring, like all the other Jackson models!

A non-recessed Floyd would have made it near perfect, but beggars can't be choosers. I'm putting one on my wish-list for next christmas!

Comment

Originally posted by Kisonen View Post
                  Jackson made a hackjob signature model.

As said before it should have plank board and ivoroid binding. And what's with the strat style blade switch? It should be three way toggle.

I like the shape and colors but it just looks wrong with those alterations to Phil's own design.

Morton, COW and Bond's models are much closer to what those guys actually play. Why not this one?
                  I gotta agree, since it is a sig. it should be closer to what the guys actually play. why jackson put those plastic inlays in when phil dosent have inlays i dont know. and again im not big on black binding .. its pointless. just my opinion though.... im probably gonna pass on this guitar

Comment

You gotta love it... the photo in the first post shows theses guitars all hanging there in front of a Phil Demmel poster, where he's holding HIS guitar.... and it looks NOTHING LIKE WHATS HANGING IN FRONT OF IT!

Does Jackson even care anymore? Do they assume we don't notice?
                    Customer: "Why do these guitars have inlays and Phil's doesn't? Isn't this his signature model?"
                    Jackson rep: (breaks out a Sharpie and starts coloring over the inlays) "what inlays?"
                    - Adam

Comment

I like the shape, I'd play one for sure.
                      I'm also in the Black Binding - why? camp. I've got guitars with and without out and it mainly comes down to looks so why put it in so you cant even see it? Its binding for binding sake really.

Comment

I still want to know how lazy someone has to be to have a battery box when a battery will last like a year! :ROTF: It's not like it has active electronics and there's a whole lot of wiring going on in the control cavity.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Somehow when looking at it I don't even think of it as Phil's signature... it doesn't even have his sig on the truss rod cover.

Mainly I think of it as THAT import neck-thru King V that was missing in the line for so long, with an interesting twist (the body cutouts), and... well, black binding (I'll just never understand that feature other than on maple boards).

The other signature guitars in the line are both fixed bridge, one-hum guitars, with the Kevin Bond also featuring inlays that can be a dealbreaker for many, including myself.

But the PD1 with neck-thru construction, 24 frets, two humbuckers (!), great control layout, standard sharkfin inlays and floyd definitely looks like a winner.

Hell, if it wasn't for the recessed floyd I would buy one. Always wanted a neck-thru King V with standard headstock and inlays, but just can't get comfortable with a recessed floyd (made a trip to try a KV2 a few months ago and had to pass, it's just not happening).
                          But I have to admit the PD1 needs a floyd, everything else would be bullshit.

Just got a great idea:
                          Make this model string-thru and call it KV5 (with or without cutouts, I don't care)... and put out a real PD1 with ivoroid binding and blank board. Happiness ensues!
                          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                            I think this is the most ass kickin' guitar Jackson has released in years. I don't care for PD...I hardly know who he is...but this is a guitar I'd buy today if I had the cash. Neck-through import KV goodness = yay! The cutouts make it look a little different, but not in a bad way. But I DO wonder where the output jack sits??

But look at the control layout! Apparently Mr Demmel is a man with a similar tastes in guitar controls as I! I'm not too crazy about the blade (I would have preferred a toggle switch), but at least you don't get a fucking volume knob on top of the pup ring, like all the other Jackson models!

A non-recessed Floyd would have made it near perfect, but beggars can't be choosers. I'm putting one on my wish-list for next christmas!
                            Very well said... with a non-recessed floyd I would buy it too. At least the 750XL model with non-recessed floyd was comfortable even for me.

I think the output jack is in the upper wing, just where you would expect it, but nicely hidden under the small fin. At least I could see an indicating shadow/reflection on some of the photos.
                            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              I still want to know how lazy someone has to be to have a battery box when a battery will last like a year! :ROTF: It's not like it has active electronics and there's a whole lot of wiring going on in the control cavity.
                              OH man, now I feel like a douche!!!

TAKE THAT!!!!!
                              Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Oh, no, the Goat! LOL :ROTF:

I guess I can understand more for 18v, but not really for 9.
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X