Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Pro Fusion?

Hi guys,

I am new in here so first of all HI TO ALL!

Could you please help me in identifiying my Jackson. I have exactly the same modell that just was sold on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWA:IT&ih=003

I think it is a Fusion Pro modell but am not sure

Could you please confirm if it is right and give me an idea of the value of my cloese to perfect beauty w/ohsc (299€ ok as in the auction?).

Thanks a lot for your comments in advance!

It

It looks to be a mid 90's Jackson Professional XL. I have the same exact guitar. Really really nice guitars with incredible necks and great finish.

I got my closet queen for $249 shipped w/case....

It does look to have a Schaller trem...which is def better than the JT580 mine came with...

Comment

Is your fretboard ebony or rosewood? Rosewood is the XL, Ebony is the Pro. The Pro is worth a bit more than an XL. I can't tell from those pics

Comment

That's a Pro. Note the switch for the mid sweep. XL doesn't have that. Also appears to be the original pups. Very nice guitar. I have the exact same model, down to the color. The price works out to $450 US which in my opinion is a great price, particularly in that condition.

Beautiful guitars. If it has the original Schaller (mine didn't- some ass replaced it with a trem that didn't even fit the route) that alone is worth a good chunk of change. A JCF bro just sent me a JT-590 and coincidentally enough I'm going to try to slap her on there tonight

Check out Henrik's site http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jack...ofessional.htm and you'll see that the XL pickups are completely different from the Pro's

Edited to ask- Mustaine-Who, is the Jackson logo MOP on the XL? I can never tell on Henrik's site and it would make identification of necks that much easier.

Vass
        Last edited by Vass; 01-23-2008, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Yeah

Yeah...the inlays on the XLs are MOP...a real nice touch. Really great and undervalued guitars. Back in 1997 when I picked up my Jackson Professional Reverse from Musician's Friend for ~$600...the XLs were ~$800 guitars!

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your excellent comments and for your nice words! It in deed is a phantastic guitar and plays superb :-)

How do I recon if it is a JT-590 trem or something else?

Great site with cool guys :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
              That's a Pro. Note the switch for the mid sweep. XL doesn't have that.

Edited to ask- Mustaine-Who, is the Jackson logo MOP on the XL? I can never tell on Henrik's site and it would make identification of necks that much easier.

Vass
              Good call on both points. It's been awhile since I looked at one of those. I had a Fusion XL and the logo was NOT mop, only the inlays were IIRC

Comment

Putting a photo up would be the easiest way. Also reading the writing on the baseplate, if there is any, could help....If it says made in Germany by Schaller it's likely a JT-590. Also, if the locking bolts are NOT hanging off the back of the trem it's also most likely a JT-590. None of these factors are decisive...a photo of your guitar or at least its bridge is probably necessary at this point.

You can compare yours to the photos in another area of Henrik's site, http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/TremoloInfoProject.htm

Comment

Bought mine for $300 shipped a year ago. Love it. Great tone with the stock J50B(C?). The singles are muddy unless you use the mid sweep, then they clean up nicely.

Comment

Working...
                  X