Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A jackson guitar and so many question. Can you help me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi, indeed i bumped this topic i didn't want to open a new topic because we are talking about the same type of guitar.
    I will check the serial when i'm at home, to me it feels like a an excellent guitar only i played with it 2 days ago when i bought it since i have to pull of the strings to check the neck.

What is so bad with indian Jackson's or especially my type of guitar? as i'm a newbe on Jackson's i really like to know because i want to buy one or two more.

Since a week or 2 i play in a Metal cover Sacred Reich, Savatage, Kreator that kind of stuff, Jacksons are great for this stuff. i can't show up with my Fender tele and strat that doesn't fit the picture.

off topic, i can buy me a (japanese) white fusion ss professional, can you give me rough estimate of the value? (dots, 1HB 2SC. Seems in used but good condition)

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
      Jackson never used Armstrong pickups on imports. Period. That is not a MIJ guitar. Period. Just take the neck off already.
      Wrong. My Jackson Kelly KE20 Musician's Friend exclusive had the exact same pairing of Kent Armstrong OEM pups as his has (M213 & M214, they are unbranded, just have model numbers on a sticker on the backside.) To my ears, those were the worst sounding pickups I have ever heard. I swapped them out for a pair o' Jackson J70's. Much better!

Mine was not MIJ, however, but did also have the unbranded neckplate and also had unbranded tuners as well. Took off the neck and had nothing but a little illegible pencil scribble on the heel. Sounds like the same guitar, with the exception of the body style.
      Last edited by DalyTek; 11-25-2009, 02:54 PM.
      My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.

Ron, I see why you took leave.
        Please be patient.

(Even I know this stuff, and I'm a relative NOOB).

Comment

Originally posted by DalyTek View Post
          Wrong. My Jackson Kelly KE20 Musician's Friend exclusive had the exact same pairing of Kent Armstrong OEM pups as his has (M213 & M214, they are unbranded, just have model numbers on a sticker on the backside.) To my ears, those were the worst sounding pickups I have ever heard. I swapped them out for a pair o' Jackson J70's. Much better!

Mine was not MIJ, however, but did also have the unbranded neckplate and also had unbranded tuners as well. Took off the neck and had nothing but a little illegible pencil scribble on the heel. Sounds like the same guitar, with the exception of the body style.
          Yes I was wrong on that one... as I now have a Dinky Rev with the original Armstrong pups!

I actually like em alot!
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
          X