Mark Morton questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Morton questions

Kinda getting fed up with my KBRs. I love the look of them and the way they play, but for some reason i cant get a good tone from them, i have tried changing pickups and still nothing. Recently i have really started to like the mortons, i finally got to play one and man the necks are HUGE. I play mostly metal and like to shred. Wondering about sound, and playability , and what you guys think of the morton??? Pics would be nice too!! thanks guys

I've got a KBRR and, aside from a few days here and there, it's spent more than a year in its case since I got the Dominion. The KB is great for heavy stuff, but that's about it. The Dominion is very versatile and will give you most any sound you want. Yeah, the neck is pretty big, but has a great feel to it. Preferences vary from person to person, of course. The Dominion is a keeper, but the KB will probably be replaced by a proper RR1T.

Comment

wow pretty cool that you have both to test side by side. Yea im thinking the dominion looks pretty good next the KBR.

Comment

I love my Morton! The neck is big, but it's not too round... seems like a thicker Mustaine "speed neck" KV profile. Here's mine next to my new Mustaine Dean V.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I got to try a Morton last month at the local FMIC outlet center. It has the same neck profile as my COW DK6 (odd enough, all other DK6s I've tried had a different profile to mine) and felt pretty similar in terms of playability.

I can assure you that despite of the thickness, or maybe even because of it, it is very comfortable to play. Took me about two days to really get adjusted to my COW, but then I noticed that I could play for even longer periods without my hands getting tired. I use my COW for technical deathmetal, so fast and technical stuff definitely works.

I liked the sound and versatility of the Morton, though I'd probably change the pickups. It also looks very nice with the inlays and quilt top.
          If you like the shape, go for it!
          I don't... I think the shape is very fugly... well too bad for me, my loss.
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Is the jackson logo MOP??

Comment

Originally posted by KBRR View Post
              Is the jackson logo MOP??
              I'm sure an owner will say definitively, but according to the specs it is:

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/produc...orton+Dominion

But are the inlay's MOP/Abalone, as on a KV2T, or are they MOTO?

That KBRR in green is drool-worthy. If only it had 24 frets...

Comment

Mop+Abalone inlays
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                  I'm sure an owner will say definitively, but according to the specs it is:

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/produc...orton+Dominion

But are the inlay's MOP/Abalone, as on a KV2T, or are they MOTO?
                  I was confused by that as well, it doesn't actually say MOP/Abalone, but it does say the logo inlay is MOP. They look MOP/Abalone to me. If they're fake, then they did a great job.

Also, it says it's got jumbo frets, but they're smaller, medium jumbos like on the KV2 (which also states jumbo).
                  It also says the bridge is a "Schaller® 456 Fully Adjustable Bridge with Anchored Tailpiece".
                  This is actually a 456

Jackson needs to get their info straight before they put it in print. :ROTF:
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

played another one yesterday , the logo is not inlay MOP, its just painted but the fret markers are MOP/Abalone. I love it im thinking of going back today to pick it up!!

Comment

Im gonna grab me a morton this week.... does anyone know if the primer finish come with inlays or is it just a blank board??? on the website it says it has the same inlays but every pic i have seen of the primer finish has no inlays?????? whats the deal????? help me outt

Comment

I've never seen the Primer finish with inlays either.

Comment

Working...
                        X