GAS: Should I buy a Dinky XL Professional? Flame Blue Top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAS: Should I buy a Dinky XL Professional? Flame Blue Top

It's got sharkies, and a nice flame blue top. The Jackson catalogue says "figured maple top" does that mean a carved top? If it's a carved top, I'd do it ,but I can't tell from the pics. I'd have to pay shipping and tax, it'd be around 400 bucks, but it's in great condition. Hmmmmm....

My old Dinky Rev, had an awesome thin neck, Im hoping htis guitar is the same.

"figured maple top" just refers to the flamed (or quilted) maple cap or veneer. It would say specifically if it was a carved top.

A Dinky XL would be a standard flattop Dinky. $400 sounds like a decent price
    Hail yesterday

Comment

The neck

The neck on the XL is just a touch thicker than the Professional Reverse. I have 2 XLs and 1 Rev...tho not as thick as an SL2H...or even an SL-1.
      Originally posted by kudogg View Post
      My old Dinky Rev, had an awesome thin neck, Im hoping htis guitar is the same.

Comment

No...
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Great guitars but that is maybe a little high. At least they have real MOP inlays

Comment

The dinky XL's have a thin maple veneer not a carved top.
            My 375 has a pixelated photo top I know everyone will say no but under a strong magnifying glass you can see its a photo on the 375.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I can't believe I forgot about the schaller floyd. I would go for it if it has a schaller.

Comment

I have a Dinky XL, and it is a great player. I'd say that a Japanese guitar with fretboard binding and MOP inlays is definitely worth $400 unless it is damaged. The neck alone would probably go for $200+ on eBay. If it has a Schaller Floyd, that's another plus. The neck on mine isn't the thinnest I've played, but it is thinner than on my DK2M.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X