Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Fusion neck & middle pup suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Fusion neck & middle pup suggestions?

I've got a Jackson Fusion XL. It's an alder dinky body, bolt on maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, short scale (24.75), HSS, one vol, one tone, 5 way switch.

I just replaced the bridge pickup with a Seymour Duncan Distortion and I really like it in this guitar. Now I want to replace the middle and neck. I'd like to get some recommendations for the two single coil slots. All my other guitars are double hums so I'm really clueless about single coil options. Since my other guitars are all double hums (81/81, 81/85, Blackouts) I'd like something to give me some versatility. Maybe something with a traditional single coil sound, but that can go aggressive. I play mostly heavy metal and classic rock stuff.

I'm also going to ditch all the pots and switches and wire it from scratch so I could use some advice there as well. I installed the pickups on my other guitars but they were all basically the same.....25k pots, no coil splitting, really no options (ie hard to screw up :-) I figure a standard 5 way switch, but do I need a reverse coil for the middle for hum canceling? Two 500k pots or 500vol/250tone? The diagrams on the Duncan site show it both ways.

I know its a lot of questions, but any pointers would be appriciated.

karl

I like (and just ordered for my PS-4 SC slot) the Duncan SSL-4:

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

Comment

I don't use the middle on mine but in the neck position I have a SD Hotrails and it's great.
      www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

you no seymour ducan makes humbuckers that fit in the single slot...a couple of suggestions would be a lttle jb or a little sceamin demon.i am going to put one in my soloist probaly a little jb..hope that helps a bit

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I am considering the Hot Rails as well as the Classic Stack Plus. And I may just leave the middle blank, don't know yet. As for the little JB or Little Screamin, ect. I just don't like the looks of the minis with the pole pieces like that.

Right now leanin towards classic stack.

Karl

Comment

Working...
          X