Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New, well, new to me Jackson on it's way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New, well, new to me Jackson on it's way.

I've been looking for one of these locally for some time now. I remember when they were new, I wanted one then but kept putting off the purchase and now I can't find one locally. I found this one online at a Guitar Center in Kansas. Called them up and talked to the guy in the guitar dept. he's shipping it to me at no charge!!! With a Jackson case!!! Now I just have to wait a few more days.

I can't wait!! I've always been leary of buying guitars online or mail order, especially used ones. But I've always wanted one of these. Had to sell my DK2M to get the cash but that was a small sacrifice.
    Prosecutors will be violated...

Nice guitar, its def. a different finish , i kinda dig it . what i really like is the matching headstock. Congrats on the new axe . take more pics when it comes

Comment

what model is it? dk 2? looks cool definatley different

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
        what model is it? dk 2? looks cool definatley different
        From what I've found out about them. It's a DK2 Blue orange flame finish. As I understand it, they were made in 2004 for a limited run. Supposedly hand painted, they have a signature under the volume knob from the artist that painted it. Of course that signature is in Japanese symbols...

That's really all I know about them, hopefully someone that knows a little more about them will chime in and let me know if what I've learned about them is correct. I have played one and liked it alot. It's definately a head turner.

Comment

I like it too. We discussed it a few years back. I remember Mark having one up for sale in the classifieds for a loooong time. It was fair (low) priced but no one jumped it, which puzzled me.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I loved mine. Kick ass guitars. I had to sell mine due to being in a bind. I miss it.
            Yes, it's signed by the artist. Even the Duncan Designed pups don't sound too bad.
            Rock solid player for sure.

Comment

BOF is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                I loved mine. Kick ass guitars. I had to sell mine due to being in a bind. I miss it.
                Yes, it's signed by the artist. Even the Duncan Designed pups don't sound too bad.
                Rock solid player for sure.
                I'm already considering a pickup change for it. My San Dimas 3 has Dimarzios in it and I love the tone I get from it. Of course, I don't know how much difference the alder body will make. But I will try it for awhile with the duncan design pups first..

Comment

Well, It's here!! Just arrived via UPS an hour ago. Not much to tell yet as I am going to have to set her up the way I like it. The overall condition of the guitar is great! There is a couple of small chips in the paint that can be touched up with no problem, no buckle rash at all. One of the strap buttons were missing and I've already replaced it. It was tuned to drop C and has heavier gauge strings on it than I like. By the time I got it tuned up the action needed to be taken down a bit. I'm not sure I like the bridge that's on it but I'll burn that bridge (pun intended) when I get there.
                  The guy told me that he would put new strings on it and set it up before he shipped it. Once again, GC dissapoints, but that's ok, if you want something done right, you always have to do it yourself.

Comment

Working...
                  X