JT580 question Already searched forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT580 question Already searched forum

Does anyone know what the screw and thimble thingy that screw on under the bridge and support the tremolo arm sleeve are called?

This is for a JT 580 Bridge from the 1991 to 1994 era.

I've looked all over Google, and cant seem to find the part anywhere, or a reference to it's name (that I am positive about).

I'm missing the piece, and want to order it, or at lease find out of sure what it it called.

These may not fit, but should help you with your search.
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

Not those,,,

This is the piece that I am looking for

Comment

Oh... I see.
        Well, I've spotted those for sale with trem arms before.
        Keep searching for those, and you'll see them together sometimes.
        I don't think I've seen one forsale by itself before Brooke.
        Sorry I was not getting what you were talking about.

Last edited by nhspike; 02-07-2008, 07:12 AM.
        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
        --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
          Oh... I see.
          Well, I've spotted those for sale with trem arms before.
          Keep searching for those, and you'll see them together sometimes.
          I don't think I've seen one forsale by itself before Brooke.
          Sorry I was not getting what you were talking about.

Not a problem,,,just trying to figure out where to get one,,thenks for your imput it's much appreciated.

Comment

Arm socket/Arm holer/Arm sleeve depending on who's naming the part ibanez/schaller/all parts, etc. You can also find info about the bridge here:

It even addresses replacing the colar with an ugraded Schaller collar.. I'm pretty sure I have an extra or two in my parts bin.. pm me your address and I'll drop one in the mail to you on Monday after I finish my gigs this weekend.
            DiMarzio Endorsee
            www.dimarzio.com
            Morley Endorsee
            www.morley.com
            "Intelli-Shred" author
            www.myspace.com/intellishred
            NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

I buy them at stew-mac with the arm for about $15.

Comment

Hozzle !!! LOL !!! :ROTF:

Comment

Yeah, mine came with one as well. AFAIK they come with most after-market arms.

Comment

Do you need the whole piece? or just the bottom screw on piece. I have one that I just took off of a jt590 but the screw on top part was broken. Not sure it will fit though. Let me know I hope I can still find it.

Comment

First of all, thank you to everyone for you help.

I need this piece because I just sold my guitar to someone, and I didn't know that it was missing from the Trem.

So I actually don't needs the piece, Brian needs the piece.

I've sent him the link that Vass Provided, and I will PM KevenDGuitar about mailing a piece to Brian.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                        Do you need the whole piece? or just the bottom screw on piece. I have one that I just took off of a jt590 but the screw on top part was broken. Not sure it will fit though. Let me know I hope I can still find it.

I don't actually need the screw on top part, just the screw, and thimble looking part for underneath.

Comment

Hey Brooke and the rest of you helpful JCF members, Brian here! I'm the guy who bought Brooke's Rhoads (guess that makes it my Rhoads now!). I appreciate all of your help, suggestions and resources. I have seen the arm/sleeve assemblies at StewMac and Guitar Nucleus. I will wait until the guitar arrives and see what's there. I have a '94 MIJ soloist professional that has a screw-in trem; that is, the bar itself is threaded. Guitar Nucleus has this threaded trem arm (without the sleeve part)

http://www.guitarnucleus.com/gnstore/tremolo.html#tbars Item #GN0071TR-BLK

If the Rhoads originally came with this screw in type of trem arm, I try to keep it original. Otherwise, I'll convert to the collar type with the arm/sleeve assembly. Thanks again Brooke and everyone for the help. If I run into any trouble, I know where to come for assistance!! Guitars Rule!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X