Glad I got my Jackson Stars Rhoads when I did

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad I got my Jackson Stars Rhoads when I did

I was just looking at the price list and it's now cheaper to buy a USA select if I am reading the prices right. I know the US dollar is weak, but damn. They may have priced me out of any sort of custom Jackson all together.

Time to check MusicYo!

J/K!!!

Actually this may just force me back towards the PC1. Though I'd much rather get something neck thru (sorry bolt does nothing for me)

So here's my question - for those who were waiting to buy a Jackson Stars guitar, if the price is as high as it seems will you just go with a Jackson USA? or one of the import models instead?

I know for those across the pond it's probably easier to get the Jackson Stars. I'm just curious to see if the price change is going to push people back to the US stuff or if it's just going to cause people to bail all together..

I would imagine the price they show on their list is higher then what would actually be charged but still it does seem like a big hike in price.
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Well, J-Stars is the only route if you want a 2-hum 24 fret RR. If all you're after is a Soloist, may as well go USA.

Since they've apparently dropped the NASL, looks like anything I buy will be used or NOS anyway, so the price wouldn't be much of an issue for me.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'm waiting to see the new Jackson Stars custom shop price list and delay, but it can't be more than the USA CS anyway (at least for Europeans). I'm 100% satisfied with my JS custom, so if those are still affordable, I'll buy an other one. Otherwise, I'll go for an Amfisound.

I don't know about serie models since they don't interest me so much ...
      2007 Jackson Stars RR Custom
      2005 Jackson Stars RR Semi-custom
      1991 Grover Jackson RR Dan Spitz Professional
      1991 Grover Jackson RR Custom (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        Well, J-Stars is the only route if you want a 2-hum 24 fret RR.
        Not if you've got a router.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

JacksonStars are still cheaper than going full blown USA Custom if you want a 24 fret Rhoads or Archtop Soloist.

I will wait patiently for the new J-Stars prices and models (KV especially), as well as the announced KV5.
          I'm glad I jumped on the RRJ1B of our JCFer Alex, now I've got two 24fretters and am in no hurry to get another guitar. At least not until I find the perfect KV. If rumours are true, it looks like the KV5 will be a swing and a miss, too... if it has indeed only 22 frets...
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
            Actually this may just force me back towards the PC1. Though I'd much rather get something neck thru (sorry bolt does nothing for me)
            You do know the PC1 is a bolt on, right?
            1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
            Jackson SLATQH
            Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
            Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
            Jackson DKMGT (project)
            Kramer Focus 1000
            Ibanez SDGR Bass
            Ovation Celebrity
            Martin Backpacker

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Not if you've got a router.
              :ROTF:

Comment

To me it's still cheaper to order from Japan than order a USA series here because the difference is 3000 to like... 2200-2400(if I'm going top of the line JS here) so IMO cheaper from Japan still and to me still worth it.
                Jackson SL-2H Soloist (Ferrari Red)
                Jackson Stars RR-J2 Rhoads (Black)
                Jackson KVX10 w/EMG 81 bridge, EMG 60 neck (Black)
                Ibanez RG470 w/OFR, Seymour Duncan SH-5 neck and bridge (Titanium Ice)
                Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus (Vintage Sunburst)

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRocks View Post
                  You do know the PC1 is a bolt on, right?
                  Yup, that's what I meant. I want the PC1 but I'm not thrilled about it being a bolt on. not that it would make it any less of a great guitar i'm just in a weird spot where I don't touch my bolt on guitars so much anymore

Comment

Well, J-Stars is the only route if you want a 2-hum 24 fret RR. If all you're after is a Soloist, may as well go USA.

Since they've apparently dropped the NASL, looks like anything I buy will be used or NOS anyway, so the price wouldn't be much of an issue for me.
                    I just saw a used NASL J1B. I'm tempted to order it now that they apparently aren't making them anymore. Though just because it's not on the slip doesn't mean they won't make it. Just not production anymore.

I'm still wanting a kelly star so.. Hopefully I can get one custom if done.. will have to see.

I was just curious if this was going to put a damper on anyones plans.

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                      I just saw a used NASL J1B. I'm tempted to order it now that they apparently aren't making them anymore. Though just because it's not on the slip doesn't mean they won't make it. Just not production anymore.

I'm still wanting a kelly star so.. Hopefully I can get one custom if done.. will have to see.

I was just curious if this was going to put a damper on anyones plans.

how much and where?

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
                        how much and where?
                        sent you a pm

Comment

Well, J-Stars is the only route if you want a 2-hum 24 fret RR.
                          Au contraire, mon frere!

:ROTF:
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

If you look at ikebe-gakki

the 02 series ( equal to J2 series) are still affordable ,approximately 130 000 yens so they are listed to 170 000 or 180000 on the jacksonstars website.

I hope the Japan semi custom will stay in a decent price .

If it is I will order my natural mahagony warrior with kahler
                            Last edited by nonoxxx; 02-13-2008, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Where do you find the JS semi customs ? Do they have a site where
                              you select the options you want, and they show you a pic and price ?

Comment

Working...
                              X