RR Pro or RR5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR Pro or RR5

I have been looking at both models. They have the bridge difference but how do they compare. I have found a RR Pro and was wondering what is a fair price for one. The seller is asking 800 for it and it is in about 8 out of 10 condition. I really wanted a KV Pro to go with my KV 2 but have not been able to find one. So I have decided to go with the RR Pro or the RR5. I look forward to hearing your opinions.
    Thanks

The RR pro is a better guitar, quality wise it can be compared to the RR1. It all comes down to preference, do you want a string through or floating? The RR pro comes with a jackson lis. flyod not an OFR. It also has jackson pickups, where the RR5 has duncans. The RR pro also has real MOP inlays and an ebony board, RR5 has MOTO inlays and rosewood. If it was me i would get the pro, but i wouldn't spend $800 unless it was atleast a 9/10. hope this helps. good luck.

Comment

Do both have a bound neck?

I'd take a RR Pro over an RR5 any day.

But at $800, you are within RR1 territory.

And you might as well hold out for the KV Pro or else you'll always regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
        Do both have a bound neck?

No. The RR5 is rosewood fretboard with plastic inlays and no binding.

The RR Pro has ebony fretboard, MOP inlays and binding.

I'd try and get it for a little less than 800 bucks, but even then, 800 is really not RR1 territory. Not unless it is well worn.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I agree I have not come acrossed a RR1 for 900 or I would of had it. I have only seen one KV Pro for sale and the guy wanted 1500 for it which is more than I wanted to spend on it. Have not seen one scince. RR Pro sounds like the way to go. The seller is pretty stuck on his price I will see what i can do. If not i will wait. Thanks

Comment

Well, you'll have a great axe if you get the RR Pro. On a par with an RR1 and it will hold it's value.

Comment

The Rhoads Pro is the superior guitar in many regards, but my experience with the old imports is that they're getting harder and harder to find in decent condition at a reasonable price. I spent $450 on a 1990 Soloist Pro and another $300 on refinishing and pickup upgrade. At the time, that seemed insane to most people, but now I'd probably spend close to $800 *without* improvements for the exact same guitar.

A lot of it has to do with opinions about country of manufacture. There are a lot of people out there who still won't touch a Korean or Chinese guitar, and are willing to pay more for Japanese models if USAs are still out of reach. Don't expect to see the `90s Pro guitars get any cheaper. Although I don't care for the MOTO inlays and TOM bridge of the RR5, the workmanship is still better than most of the competition in that price range.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. The pro sounds like a good way to go than.

Comment

I'd go Pro, both with the quality issue and the fact that 10 years from now, I don't think you'll have a problem finding a RR5. You can't say that about the Pros.

Plus the floyd licensed bridge is a Schaller, which is a pretty nice piece, on par with an OFR in some people's opinion.

MOP, Ebony vs. MOTO, Rosewood makes the decision for me right there.

Vass

Vass

Comment

RR Pro!
                    According To The Prophecy

Comment

I saw that add...I won't say where to protect you..

He won't budge on price,,and he won't ship out of the city that it's in either.

I asked him to take a picture of the guitar to prove that he actually has it, and he told me that it was a waste of his time..

Comment

Haha, I wouldn't bother with that kind of response. He actually said it was a waste of his time? Is that because it doesn't exist or is totally f'cked up and it would be counter productive to his scam?

Let him keep it & rot.

Vass

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                          Haha, I wouldn't bother with that kind of response. He actually said it was a waste of his time? Is that because it doesn't exist or is totally f'cked up and it would be counter productive to his scam?

Let him keep it & rot.

Vass

I think it is a scam because I saw the same pictures used a few months earlier, and it was a different seller.

So I'm totally confused. It might be that someone else bought it, and now wants to sell it?

I asked him what condition the guitar was in,,he said "Killer" :ROTF:

Wowo dude....killer...

lol

Comment

Working...
                          X