Rr24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rr24...

RR24...why no love? Looks like a killer guitar...

I'm not a fan of the RR models at all, any of them. Some of them look nice in that they have nice hardware/finish combinations, but that's as far as they go for me.

Comment

Originally posted by mustaine-who? View Post
      Because there's no pleasing some people.

Whether it's cosmetics like binding and inlay, or the pickup and bridge type, there is always some feature that someone will find lacking. Personally, I dislike MOTO inlays, at least in sharkfin or block shapes, and replacing the RR24's sharkfins with real MOP would be cost prohibitive. I'd also want a different pickup, which means additional cost.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't like the RR shape and I never use 22 frets, let alone 24

Inazone got me thinking about something though. I'll start a thread on it as to not hijack this one.
        Scott

Comment

Hmm, I dunno. I quite fancy an RR24 with yellow bevels. It's having the space in my room that's the trouble.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Mine gets lotsa love...........
            I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

Not no love for me, it's no MONEY

Comment

I'd rather it have a neck pickup and non-recessed trem, but I could get by with one. Though, I'd probably just take out the 81 and put in an 89 for extra versatility. I might just buy one this year. A string-thru version would also be nice.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I just got mine last tuesday and it's been getting heaps of, be it somewhat rough, love.

Brilliant guitar, that ebony board is great, It doesn't really matter to me that it's got 24 frets though. The reason I bought it lies in the ebony board, original floyd rose, neckthrough construction and the paintjob (I got the one with the red bevels).

I really dig the black binding myself and the plastic inlays don't bother me in the least. What they could have done to make it even more insanely cool is have the binding and the inlays match the bevel color
                  Need some free thrash? Goto www.NECROTAPH.com

Comment

i've had a white one since august. the only thing i donn't like maybe is the emg. needs something more 80s sounding !!

Comment

Originally posted by mustaine-who? View Post
                      I love the RR24, I just can't afford it for a couple more months.
                      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by Necrotaph View Post
                        I just got mine last tuesday and it's been getting heaps of, be it somewhat rough, love.

Brilliant guitar, that ebony board is great, It doesn't really matter to me that it's got 24 frets though. The reason I bought it lies in the ebony board, original floyd rose, neckthrough construction and the paintjob (I got the one with the red bevels).

I really dig the black binding myself and the plastic inlays don't bother me in the least. What they could have done to make it even more insanely cool is have the binding and the inlays match the bevel color
                        Welcome, +1, and post some pix of your RR24 please.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                          Welcome, +1, and post some pix of your RR24 please.
                          I was planning on shooting some pics yesterday but all the batteries for the camera are empty and I'm currently enjoying a very lazy sunday, so it'll have to wait
                          Need some free thrash? Goto www.NECROTAPH.com

Comment

Working...
                          X