Stealth Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stealth Pro

Hey guys, im new to the forum! I just picked up a Stealth Pro, and was wondering what kind of wood it's made out of because it's really heavy! The first time i picked it up, i thought it would be light beacase of the thin body, but i was wrong! The Ebony fretboard and pearl inlays are pretty sweeeeet! Its my first Jackson, and it needs a bit of work. Its had a rough life, but thats ok, i think i'll go ahead and just tear it apart, and start from the ground up. It plays surprisingly well for how neglected its been! It still whammys like a dream and stays in tune with strings that are old as dirt! As you can see, the clearcoat is coming off, but a whole new paintjob will fix that. Serial numer 912016, any idea what year it was made? I know it has to be between '91 and '93, but is there any way to tell for sure?

You sure its an Stealth Pro ?
    It looks like an Stealth EX for me...
    I believe its a '92 Jackson
    Body.. if its a stealth pro then its Basswood
    If its an Stealth EX - which i think it is .. its Ash

Chgeckout this scan

Comment

It has an Ebony fretboard, Pearl Jackson logo, And pearl inlays. It doesnt say Stealth on the truss rod cover, its blank, so that led me to believe that it was one of the first run Pro's before that started engraving the truss covers?

Comment

Some of them have the model on the truss rod cover, but lots of people lose those and replace them with blanks. In any case, the body is ash, which is more often than not quite heavy. I have a DR2 USA and DR3 Professional that both have ash bodies that are NOT thin, and a Stealth TH-2 with the same body dimensions as the Pro. The DR2 and DR3 are very heavy, so you imagine how much more your Stealth Pro would weigh if it was full Dinky-sized.

If you are ever thinking of a pickup swap, the Duncan Full Shred sounds amazing in ash. Incredibly tight and great for both lead and rhythm if you're into high-gain tones. The Invader sounds great too, if you want something really powerful.
        sigpic

Comment

i agree that it looks like an ex. the pro's usually had matching headstock, but it could've been done in black cause of the light finish.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
            i agree that it looks like an ex. the pro's usually had matching headstock, but it could've been done in black cause of the light finish.
            Nope, that's a Stealth Pro alright. Ebony board, MOP logo, Schaller trem. You don't see too many of these around.

Comment

Working...
            X