Post your DK2S pix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your DK2S pix

I found a thread for this from 2004 but it was for DK2's not DK2S with sustainers so please post your pics of the DK2S Dinky

I have GAS for this guitar but I haven't gotten past the need for justification . Please help push me over the edge
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

I'm pretty sure they don't make it any more, so be prepared to pay over the odds for one.
    I saw one on eBay UK which never got a single bid, so I asked if they'd take £200 ($400) for it and they never even replied the bastards. That was an old beat up thing, with Duncan Designed pups and a chunk out the headstock.
    Bastards.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

They still make them and there's plenty of places in the states that still sell them. The trans black one I want is $749 and they have several in stock so no worries there.
      I went to my local jackson dealer who contacted their rep. They are out of stock but they are still producing them according to the Jackson Rep. As far as I can tell they haven't stopped making them and they have updated hardware now, SD pickups and black hardware

Plus I have a DK2 so if I can't get a DK2S, I'll just gut this thing and put a sustainer in it with better SD pickups then the JB or whatever is in it

Comment

They might still make them I really can't say, but you can't get one in the UK which makes me wonder why not.
        I thought of gettting a Sustainiac put in my SL3 but it would cost about $300 for parts and fitting.
        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I'm ordering mine the day my income tax check his my bank account which hopefully will be in the next week or two (bleh I hate waiting)

I am thinking Transparent Blue.

Anything I should know in advance as far as the sustainer unit or any quirks anyone has run into with the guitar?

Comment

I have tried a couple out .. they are really nice guitars. The only thing i didnt' like is the sustainer only works with the bridge pickup so if your on the neck and kick in the sustainer it will automatically put you back on the bridge .. but other than that i really liked the guitar.

Comment

Last edited by wilkinsi; 02-12-2008, 03:39 PM. Reason: 2nd pic added
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Plenty of places selling it? I had a hard time finding them. In fact, I couldn't find anybody with a trans black in stock, and only 1 with a regular black, so I ended up getting this very lightly used one off eBay...with the Sustainiac intrux still on it . Came in YESTERDAY. The sustainer is as cool as you'd think it is...damn I love this thing! And I really dig this color too, the way it's more of a brown fading to black.

For some reason it came with a chrome bar, and I'm not too sure about the thing anyway, too loosey-goosey...I wonder if I could just get a real Floyd bar/socket to put on it? One without all the free play/wobble?

94 Gibson Flying V w/EMG's
                2007 Jackson DK2S
                1988 Charvel Model 1A "customized"
                Early 70's Yamaha acoustic
                Rocktron Replitone 2x12
                Digitech RP3

Comment

I just talked to one of the dealers on here and when he checked it states they have them and they are in stock. He said it would take about a week to get to their store and a week to get to California.

Comment

Well these dealers are hooked up then...everybody else was telling me up to 6 months ...shoulda checked here first but I'm happy with this one
                    I got for a little cheaper.

Are these guys including a hardshell with the price?
                    I got a nice gig bag with mine, but still I ain't puttin THIS guitar in that monsterfather....
                    Last edited by Lookwuticando; 02-13-2008, 11:52 AM.
                    94 Gibson Flying V w/EMG's
                    2007 Jackson DK2S
                    1988 Charvel Model 1A "customized"
                    Early 70's Yamaha acoustic
                    Rocktron Replitone 2x12
                    Digitech RP3

Comment

I got a free setup, but no free case or gigbag. Case cost me £49, guitar cost me £509. Still cheaper than retail price tho.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Hi, I'm newbie here. And I'm using Jackson DK2S too. The color is trans black. I bought from my friend's store for $579.99 (actually, I live in Indonesia and it cost 5.8million rupiahs).
                        The harmonic mode in sustainiac is soooooo great.... Love it.
                        Picture[s] will be added soon.
                        Sorry for bad english
                        Last edited by Reef; 03-07-2008, 08:35 AM.
                        1991 Jackson Soloist SL1 Don't Smoke
                        2006 Jackson Dinky DK2S Trans Black
                        1994 BC Rich Warlock USA 'Special Run Model by Bernardo C Rico'

Comment

your english is great

i really want a dk2s grrrrr
                          Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                          Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Originally posted by Super_shredder View Post
                            i really want a dk2s grrrrr
                            I really want pre-fender USA soloist. Hahahahahaha.
                            1991 Jackson Soloist SL1 Don't Smoke
                            2006 Jackson Dinky DK2S Trans Black
                            1994 BC Rich Warlock USA 'Special Run Model by Bernardo C Rico'

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                              Awesome guitar, but what is that thing next to it on the couch?
                              DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Working...
                              X