Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newb here, Identification question. Pics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

definitely JK20 Pro from Musician's Friend. I have the same guitar, only in black, and I love it. Where did you get the Schaller-made JT-590 trem and what'd it run you? I would like to replace the JT-500 on mine too. What SD pups did you put in it? I pulled the crappy Kent Armstrong M213 and M214 pups out and put in some stock Jackson J70's and it made a world of difference! Good find. I got mine for $150, but with a BC Rich case (which actually fits it pretty good, just need to find a way to get that horrible BC Rich logo off the case!)
    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Originally posted by DalyTek View Post
      definitely JK20 Pro from Musician's Friend. I have the same guitar, only in black, and I love it. Where did you get the Schaller-made JT-590 trem and what'd it run you? I would like to replace the JT-500 on mine too. What SD pups did you put in it? I pulled the crappy Kent Armstrong M213 and M214 pups out and put in some stock Jackson J70's and it made a world of difference! Good find. I got mine for $150, but with a BC Rich case (which actually fits it pretty good, just need to find a way to get that horrible BC Rich logo off the case!)
      Classic JCF answer: Sharpie
      I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

If I'm wrong, someone correct me, but I believe that the JT590 is similar to many other Schaller made bridges used by Gibson, among others, and that they all are of similar specs.

The JT590 is an amazing bridge. The one on my Soloist is fantastic. I don't mean to highjack the thread but, can any Floyd bar work with it? I've been looking at replacements but I can never tell.
        Last edited by Ben...; 10-28-2009, 07:30 PM.
        "Dear Dr. Bill,
        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
          Classic JCF answer: Sharpie
          LOL Already did that. I now have a shiny black "B.C. Rich" logo on my guitar case. Well, at least if that's the classic JCF answer, I know I fit in here!
          My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

Comment

They should since schaller makes the real german floyd rose bars.

Comment

Nice looking guitar.
              I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I got the JT-590 on eBay, for $49.50. It was a little rough, I had to soak it in WD-40 and do some scrubbing to get it clean looking, but the knife edges are fine

I did say this in my recent post with all the changes, but the pickups are SH2N (Jazz) in the neck and SH6B (Distortion) in the bridge.

And I second the Sharpie on the BC Rich logo, that or spraypaint or (classic guitarist!) stickers appropriately placed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                  If I'm wrong, someone correct me, but I believe that the JT590 is similar to many other Schaller made bridges used by Gibson, among others, and that they all are of similar specs.

The JT590 is an amazing bridge. The one on my Soloist is fantastic. I don't mean to highjack the thread but, can any Floyd bar work with it? I've been looking at replacements but I can never tell.
                  JT-590 is made by Schaller in Germany, and the parts are interchangable with any Schaller licensed Floyd and the OFR AFAIK.

Here's the bar I'm using with mine: http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,...g_Tremolo.html

EDIT: I might add, that bar is actually made by Schaller.
                  Last edited by cixelsyd; 10-29-2009, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post

Another kennslp school of photography graduate!
                    I have to ask, I did some quick searching to see if I could find the answer, but I don't know what this means. Are you saying my pictures look like ass, or they are good ones, or the quality is ass but the photos are good, or the quality is good but the photos are ass, or what? lol. Or complaining about the gigantic files?

I tried to get closeups of the important details, because I know it's a PITA to try to look at that stuff when the photo is tiny and taken from like 6 feet away.

Just curious, I'll laugh either way, I just don't get the joke!

Comment

No big, dude, it just bugs when I see the end of the headstock outside of the shot (Post # 12), some guys here are notorious for that. Jackson pointy headstocks are such an awesome, iconic and much-copied design it's a shame to see it cut off.
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hahahaha! I'll be careful next time! Thanks for explaining.

Comment

cixelsyd, I sent you a PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X