NGD!! Back in the family...AGAIN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD!! Back in the family...AGAIN!

Traded a couple Deans in a couple weeks ago, and finally got some time to take some pics... Enjoy!!

RARRR!!

Purrrrr.....

"the corner"

Gotta sell the last Dean and find something else "kitty-related", but it's a nice enough guitar.

Here's what was traded for the Jackson:

Nice. Very nice.

What I'd like to know is, are the inlays on those Deans real MOP or no? Every other block inlayed import on the Dean website / forum runs are spec-ed with "Pearl Blocks", but some of them turn out to be quite obviously 'Loid.

Your Caddy looks like it could be real pearl, the ML a bit more like good pearloid... or maybe I'm wrong on both counts, but which is which?!

Comment

Man, I love those Blue Bengal guitars! Congrats!
      Jackson DK2M Red Ghost Flame
      Jackson Performer RR
      Ibanez RG7421 w/Blaze's
      Fender Acoustic
      Blackstar HT-5 head
      Blackheart 1X12 cabinet
      Rocktron Xpression effects rack

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
        Nice. Very nice.

What I'd like to know is, are the inlays on those Deans real MOP or no? Every other block inlayed import on the Dean website / forum runs are spec-ed with "Pearl Blocks", but some of them turn out to be quite obviously 'Loid.

Your Caddy looks like it could be real pearl, the ML a bit more like good pearloid... or maybe I'm wrong on both counts, but which is which?!
        Not sure to be 100% honest, but considering they're Korean, I' putting money on pearloid. For the money, they are AWESOME guitars for the money - if you can stand the headstocks... Had I kept them, I think I would have put a less bright bridge p'up in.

Comment

Originally posted by johnmac99 View Post
          Man, I love those Blue Bengal guitars! Congrats!
          It's growing on me...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
            Not sure to be 100% honest, but considering they're Korean, I' putting money on pearloid. For the money, they are AWESOME guitars for the money - if you can stand the headstocks... Had I kept them, I think I would have put a less bright bridge p'up in.
            Cool. I don't have what seems to be the usual hang up about the headstock, I've had a '79ML and a DFH import, both of which were very impressive, but I sold them as they seemed a bit too distinctively Dime style for me. I love Dime, but I'm not one of those Dean board kids who wants to buy every EQ, amp head and Dime signature underwear to get his tone...

Now the Dean Stealth is out I'm so tempted to pick one up... but at that price point, I'll pass just like on the import Razors... till someone sells theirs for cheap!

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
              Cool. I don't have what seems to be the usual hang up about the headstock, I've had a '79ML and a DFH import, both of which were very impressive, but I sold them as they seemed a bit too distinctively Dime style for me. I love Dime, but I'm not one of those Dean board kids who wants to buy every EQ, amp head and Dime signature underwear to get his tone...

Now the Dean Stealth is out I'm so tempted to pick one up... but at that price point, I'll pass just like on the import Razors... till someone sells theirs for cheap!
              I'm not a Dimeguy either - part of why I got the BB ML -- it's different than most the ones Dime played, but not different enough. The BB finish is stunning though... If you were a bit closer than NZ, I'd offer you my Z -- nicer than any Explorer I've ever had.

Comment

Last edited by phill_up; 07-12-2008, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                  I would never have bought a Korean guitar :ROTF:
                  Good one. You're fuckin' brilliant.

Comment

Wow, that Bengal is awsome dude!! If they make one of them with just 1 humbucker, I don`t think I can resist Oh and make it 24.75 scale please Congrats Chris

Jack

Comment

The blue and white bengal (that one with the orange burst) should be on the list with the others, not a limited edition thing. I'm looking to getting the latter if I can.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Congrats on the DK2M! They should offer more graphics like this.

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                        Wow, that Bengal is awsome dude!! If they make one of them with just 1 humbucker, I don`t think I can resist Oh and make it 24.75 scale please Congrats Chris

Jack
                        I'm also a fan of single hums guitars. But they make a 2 hum version of the blue bengal also. I picked up a blue bengal DK2M also a couple months ago - great guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                          Good one. You're fuckin' brilliant.

+1, I thought that was a VERY stupid comment

Peavey V-types are THE best guitar are the market IMHO, where are they made? guess?
                          Out Of Ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Frigo89 View Post
                            +1, I thought that was a VERY stupid comment

Peavey V-types are THE best guitar are the market IMHO, where are they made? guess?
                            He was just angry and trying to punk me. Poor at best...

I'd like to try out a V-Type one of these days. I almost had a chance to get a new blem once, but I passed. I don't remember why.

Comment

Working...
                            X