Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tuners on slsmg

hi all you slsmg owners!

I must admit that I get very upset lately duo to the tuning stability..
    I do hit stronger strings when playing, but it goes every half hour slightly out of tune (very often just one or two strings)..
    so how is your experience?
    is there something wrong on just my guitar because I do not believe that jackson put such bad tuners on high made in japan model..

Do you stretch the strings properly after installing them?

Comment

yes, this is the first time that I do that.. I use the dadario strings 10-46 if that helps

Comment

You need to either take a pencil and rub it on the bridge saddles and
        nut grooves before stringing it or buy a product called Big Bends Nut Sauce and apply it to the same locations. This is what I use on all my string-thru Jacksons including my 2 SLSMGs and I have no tuning issues.
        RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
        CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
        Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
        Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

hey spencer I'm most thankfull for that information, hope it would help

Comment

I don't have problem with tuning with my Slsmg, it stay perfectly in tune for many hours of play... Strange of course...

Comment

Mine stays in tune on all strings but the G, the G very consistently goes out of tune after awhile. The rest of the tuners hold fine though, and will stay in tune even in the lowest tuning I play in (drop G) with a 52 low string.

Comment

Working...
              X