May I Introduce Myself ? (long story)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May I Introduce Myself ? (long story)

Well, since I found this board I've been reading a lot, posting a little bit, asking for ID-help – but never introduced myself properly; (by the way, don't be too hard on my grammar/spelling - as English is not my native tongue !):

I remember sitting on the floor of my brother's room, listening to his music and annoying him with questions like "why do they put cows on their cover ?" So you know, how old I am !
    I spent 6 months listening nothing else but DP's Made in Japan, another 6 months nothing else but Mahogany Rush Live; my brother gave me my first guitar (EKO semi acoustic !), my brother took me to my first concert (Alvin Lee's Ten Years Later) – so it looks like I owe my brother a lot !

In '85 I bought my first "good" guitar, a Ibanez Roadster II with a F/R ! I had wanted a Jackson (pointy headstock !!!), but just couldn't afford it. There wasn't a dealer who directly imported Jackson to Austria, so we had to pay double tax/customs, because they were from Germany.
    In '92 a friend returned from the US and I advised him to buy a used Jackson. Well, he brought a 80 $ Model 2 Charvel; I was a bit disappointed because of the 1 hum setup, so I didn't really use it a lot – though the neck was perfect !
    It took me almost 15 (Ibanez-) years to remember that I originally wanted a Jackson, so I got a black DK2S – I didn't like the neck and I didn't like that sustaniac stuff – goodbye Jackson !

So a couple of months ago, I stepped over my Model2, played it and immediately fell in love again. After a few days, I had a neck-pickup mounted and knew what to look for: not a new Jackson, a used one !!! Since then I scored a DX-1 and a JSX-94.

And now the story of my latest acquisition:

About a month ago I found something on the bay: 'Cool Jackson Professional – great Picks' it said. The pictures were lousy, the description, too – "real old, rust, dings & dongs" etc… ! "Nobody will want to have it", I thought, "but I will", I decided. (By the way, I had recognized the mistreated guitar as a 1992 Fusion SX Professional !)

Well, of course somebody else wanted it, too – so I had to draw on the nest egg - and I made it;

5 days later, I received a parcel, unpacked and hurried up, because I had a gig that very night and I intended to play it there ! Well, I didn't: a non functional volume-poti, the PUs miss-wired and worst of all: the frets – almost unplayable !!!

For those of you, who still read on: Some 20 (working) hours later – that is what came out:

Check the pics, brothers in mind, and tell me, what you think.
    I'm looking forward to any comment !
    Franx
    (to be continued …)
    Last edited by Franx; 02-14-2008, 01:15 AM.
    uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Welcome!
    Very nice job on the restore! Guitar looks great, Gratz!
    I love the grain on it.
    I have a fusion on the way, and i'm hoping for the best on it's condition as well. No doubt i'll have to put some work into it, but it seemed well cared for so *crosses fingers.
    This is a great place, everybody is interesting and have a lot to share. Around here guitars=life, and life is good.

Comment

Yea i agree it looks good. Welcome

Comment

Welcome Franx, I think we've spoken before. Good job on the Jackson!
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Welcome, Franx!

I visited your beautiful town in 2001.

Your English is great! (and I would know, heh heh)
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Great job, that guitar looks fantastic now. I'm a sucker for natural finishes.
            I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post

I visited your beautiful town in 2001.
              Really ? Did you sit in a bus with a "Bob's Special Tours" sign, looking for "Sound of Music" memorabila ! :ROTF: Or did you find my town by chance ?

Beautiful place to live indeed ! Lots of mountains and lakes !

Comment

Nice job on the guitar!

I was very close to Austria, but didn't make it over. All over southern Germany for my honeymoon though. The Alps are beautiful.
                Scott

Comment

"... to be continued ..."

Here we go ... the next score ... I'd say: WOW

Some more pics:

Franx

Comment

Welcome Franx! Love the work you did to restore your Jackson to glory.

Comment

Working...
                    X