Jackson DKMG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DKMG?

I just bought a Jackson DKMG with Emg 81/85 in black trans its my first Jackson I love everything about the guitar except the trem,I stretched the strings really good than tuned it up but when Iam dive bombing,bending etc seems to go a little flat, my buddy said I just need it to be setup Iam use to using OFR which never goes out of tune from my experience.My question is do you think I need a setup or should I just put a OFR in her?Thanks guys!

I think you should go with your gut - get an OFR. I've yet to experience one as I've always used JT580LP's and OFR's son't come cheap where I live. My first USA Jackson will be home soon, so I'll be able to give you a better answer then.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
      I think you should go with your gut - get an OFR. I've yet to experience one as I've always used JT580LP's and OFR's son't come cheap where I live. My first USA Jackson will be home soon, so I'll be able to give you a better answer then.
      Thanks bro!I think you are right.I wish I had the money for SL2h but Iam very happy with the DKMG seems like a very solid built guitar

Comment

Post some pix of your DKMG. I want an SL2 too, but its actually cheaper to get an OFR and a DKMG, as long as you don't mind pirahna inlays, bolt on rosewood board.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Post some pix of your DKMG. I want an SL2 too, but its actually cheaper to get an OFR and a DKMG, as long as you don't mind pirahna inlays, bolt on rosewood board.
          Thats what I was thinking I paid $750 for the guitar and the OFR will be $200 not bad at all for $950!Honestly I know its the honeymoon but I've played esp,ibanez,fenders and gibsons and this guitar is just sooooo much fun to play and soooo easy to play and I actually play better with it!I will post pics when I get homer from work

Comment

as long as you don't mind pirahna inlays, bolt on rosewood board.

Not at all!

Comment

What brand of strings do Jackson's come with?

Comment

I solved the trem problem by going with a string-through.
                Seriously, I have enough other trem guitars. I love this thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                  I solved the trem problem by going with a string-through.
                  Seriously, I have enough other trem guitars. I love this thing.

Goregous guitar bro!This is my only guitar and I gotta have a trem.

Comment

Is the only difference between the DKMG and the DKMGT the Trem no Trem? They have another scratch and dent where I bought my DKMGT and they want a mere 420 for it... seems like a steal considering how much I'm enjoying my DKMGT.
                    Fender Stratocaster Custom Shop Custom Classic
                    Fender Stratocaster Eric Clapton sig
                    Fender Telecaster Standard MM
                    Jackson Dinky DKMGT
                    Jackson Stealth EX
                    Charvel 375
                    Ibanez Daytripper
                    OLP Musicman
                    Carvin C250

Mesa 5:50 Express
                    Sonic 4 x 12

Comment

I just sold my trans black DKMG for $300.00.$750.00 is high.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Heres my DKMG with a Floyd Rose LIC. I think it stays in tune great, I've had no trouble with it. (it's the one in the middle)

Comment

Nice guitars bro!I'am really happy with my DKMG just wish Jackson put a OFR on it,but Iam gonna put a OFR on it soon!

Comment

What kind of finish is on the LP, some sort of quilt? It's neat.
                            Scott

Comment

As far as the trem issue goes, it sounds like the trem isn't returning to it's original position. Check to make sure it's sitting on the posts correctly.
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X