Nismo Dxmg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nismo Dxmg

Just seen it on the main site. I've previously owned an alder bodied plain black one, cost me £349 at the time. Is this NISMO worth it at $900 + postage/customs?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Awesome, hadn't seen the guitar yet. I drove Nissan for years.

Too bad the specs of the guitar itself aren't that great though..
    Last edited by AfterForever; 02-24-2008, 12:04 PM.
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 01-16-2012, 06:23 PM.
      Just a guitar player...

Comment

OK, y'all know I'm not that bright.
        The NISMO acronym threw me off.
        TF, you're right on (spot on as our brit friends say).
        400 tops.

Comment

I tried to convince my boss I needed one for a Christmas bonus. He didn't see things my way.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
            I tried to convince my boss I needed one for a Christmas bonus. He didn't see things my way.
            Sell a Rand.

Oh, nevermind.

:ROTF:

Comment

Overpriced ... another blunder for jackson

Comment

Should of put EMG actives in it for that price... unless that is hand painted (which it probably isn't). That said, it's most likely being sold for list price, and some Nissan nut will buy it. Personally if I had $900 to burn I would, but only because I have a set of pickups around I could pop in it.

Comment

Ok, I was hoping that someone else would ask first but no question is supposed to be stupid so here goes: what is a nismo? And you would think being a promethium member I would know.. It just goes to show you that no matter what element you might be represented by it really comes down to the human element, or just plain stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by theone1958 View Post
                    Ok, I was hoping that someone else would ask first but no question is supposed to be stupid so here goes: what is a nismo? And you would think being a promethium member I would know.. It just goes to show you that no matter what element you might be represented by it really comes down to the human element, or just plain stupidity.
                    Nismo is an acronym that represents Nissan's performance division:

Jackson are making a DXMG with, well, see for yourself:
                    Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.

Comment

Pretty cool!

Agreed on the price, but as a Z-car fanatic, I would probably buy it. (had I not just received my new PC1 this past Friday)

If it was specifically Z-car themed, I would probably buy it regardless

PC1>NISMO DXMG

Cheers,
                      Chris

Comment

I think $900 is a little much. Maybe $500-$600 would be reasonable.
                        KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                        I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

They probably would have been better off ripping off VW/First Act and offered it with a car.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

I think there a very small market fot this guitar.. I like Nissan/Nismo, I like Jacksons, also the DXMG.. and even I don't want the guitar (for this price anyway)..
                            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Seems similar to the Jenna King V. That was a KVX10 with a "Limited Edition" paint job.
                              That listed for a similarly high price and then when they didn't sell they could be had on ebay for less than a standard KVX10. I'll admit this may have a wider appeal. It's a cool graphic and if I was into Nissan I might pay a premium over a standard DXMG, but not $900, it's still a DXMG. Now if it's hand painted..., but it's probably not.

Karl

Comment

Working...
                              X