Jackson Warrior with EMG (Wmrg) Maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Warrior with EMG (Wmrg) Maybe

I saw a Jackson Warrior Guitar with the shark fin inlays the serial number began with 96xxxx It has 3 knobs and a 3 way switch(?should it be 5 way for the more expensive one) the pickups had emg on them its at a pawn shop in my small town it been their for a while so its in the the auto mark down time frame. it stareted out at was 459 last month 359 this month and will be 299 next month and 249 clearence price in April I found a picture that looks close to it but can you guys tell me a way to make sure its a wmrg it got black hardware jackson low profile i Think its a floyd rose style because it has the locking bridge
    The edges have dings to the bare wood but it plays good and has the lowest action i have ever seen.... I am attaching ther stock photo of what I think it is but I am looking to any way to know if its the expensive wrmg
    and how long should I wait ie would you wait for 249 or do you think its a good buy at what price I might sneak a phone photo tommorrow with out getting too much attention I don't want the pawn shop guy to know how much I am interested. This is the same place I got a Boss br1200 for 200.00 clearence after waiting 6 month ... Thanks Charles
    One more thing it does have a slot on the back for the 9v battery...

Last edited by crcook; 02-27-2008, 02:15 AM.

WRMGs have piranha inlays (pic above) - not sharkies.

The current price is OK depending on condition, 299 is getting to great price territory.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
      WRMGs have piranha inlays (pic above) - not sharkies.

The current price is OK depending on condition, 299 is getting to great price territory.
      Ok its got the little tiny inlays like shark teeth like in the picture...
      is the serial number that begins with 96 mean it was made in 1996
      or 2006 also the 3 Way switch with 2 knobs is good but 3 way with
      3 knobs leans toward the cheaper warrior. How can I tell if its got the better pickups emg active not emg hz passive all I saw was emg on the
      pickup and as i know with my Model 4 a 9v battery could mean just active
      electronics not active pickups thanks for any information -- Charles

Comment

96xxxxx just means it's made in Japan, Ron should be able to roughly date the year for you based on the full serial.

Comment

Originally posted by crcook View Post
          How can I tell if its got the better pickups emg active not emg hz passive all I saw was emg on the
          pickup and as i know with my Model 4 a 9v battery could mean just active
          electronics not active pickups thanks for any information -- Charles
          If it just says EMG on the pickup, that means it's a real active EMG. The HZs will say HZ on them.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I got my WRMG for an awsome price, and it is a great guitar

Comment

Mine's 9722915:
              EMG-HZ pickups
              3 pots (including turbocharger)
              Pickup selector is an angled blade
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Well I got the pictures and I was wrong on the pickups they are the emg-hz. It Has 3 pots one is a push pull (turbo mode) A 3 way blade selector switch serial number is 9676565 its got one good gash on a fin anyway look at the pictures and tell me what you think is a good price is and should I wait until April to get it for 250 -- Charles

Last edited by crcook; 02-27-2008, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Tip of the headstock is messed up too if you look. Id hold off at that price, $250 TOPS. Regardless of the gashes, its still probably a great playing/sounding guitar!
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

The damage to the fin isn't on the trans-finish. Perhaps he could get someone to repair that and have the headstock sorted (or swap the neck altogether).
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I've been looking for a used WRMG for a while. I'm not a big fan of the trans blue color, but I'd buy it for $250. If you don't end up liking it, you could probably sell it on ebay for more (or part it out on ebay)

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                        Tip of the headstock is messed up too if you look. Id hold off at that price, $250 TOPS. Regardless of the gashes, its still probably a great playing/sounding guitar!
                        Update Its still There at 299.00 will see if my luck holds out till next
                        Month. I think the big Gash is keeping people away.... I got my eye
                        on another one at another pawn shop its says Jackson with Professial in little letters it look like a Strat with a HSS configuration pickguard and a Jackson Floyd Licensed Trem its at 375 right now could't see any other markings
                        to help me tell what it is.....

Comment

Doen anyone know if the electronic boost is anything like the je1200 in the model 4 or is it a different kind of thing alltogether.. The one in my mmodel 4 is toast and they been going on ebay for over 100$ I could use the Tremalo and the boost from the wrmg if they would work on my model 4 -- Thoughts -- Charles

Comment

Working...
                          X