Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings! New guy intro and a question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings! New guy intro and a question...

Hey everyone. Got my account activated today and wanted to post and introduce myself. This board is very impressive and after only a few days of lurking, I was really impressed with 1) the knowledge on the board, and 2) the passion! LOL I'm looking to get re-aquainted with Jackson. I do have a KVX-10 and enjoy it, but I have others (non-Jackson) that get more playing time.

I've been looking to get a super-strat type guitar with a decent floyd for a few weeks now. I just recently got my first guitar with a trem ('86 Peavey USA Nitro w/Kahler 2700). I've fallen in love with that guitar..so solid, neck is stupid thin, and they can be had for cheap. However, I've sorta been bitten by the bug and I've started to look back at Jacksons more and more. I've found this axe and was wondering if anyone can tell me any more info about it. I have searched the board, just couldn't find exactly the info I was looking for. Take a look at the pic if you don't mind, and tell me if this is indeed a dkmg as it says? It does have the 85 and 81 EMGs, but I am assuming it's an older model since it's got the sharkies and the normal headstock. Just want to be sure it's not a known "lemon". I am concerned about the Licensed Floyd, but it seems many here have decent luck with them...if not, I can always drop in an OFR.

Look forward to getting some info and posting more! You have a great community here!

Working...
X