replacement neck for Kelly pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacement neck for Kelly pro

I'm thinking of replacing the stock neck on my '93 Japan-made Kelly pro. I found a Jackson reverse headstock with Sharkfin inlays that will fit the Kelly as well as a few others IF it has a 2 1/4" heel width. Does anyone happen to know if the Kelly has such a width? The seller assures me it should fit but I want to be sure.

Does the body have a neckplate or the individual screws with washers that are counterbored into the back of the neck joint? If it has the individual screws, those are not the standard rectangle bolt pattern and you might have to dowel and redrill the neck holes in the heel.
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Crap. I have the sunken 4 bolt configuration.

Comment

i`ve thought about doing the same thing to my kelly std, only problem is i really like the neck as is. i just wish it had the sharkies. it would really look shweet w/ the sharkies
        jackson dx10
        charvel avenger
        schecter c1 classic
        samick tr2 sg clone
        fender twin amp.
        abunch of stomp boxes

Comment

replacement neck for 93 Kelly

It appears I have incorrectly identified my Kelly. It's a black '93 Japan-made Kelly std Pro, as well. I replaced the locking trem with an Original Floyd Rose and put in a set of Bill Lawrence L-500's with a Q-filter and split level volume/tone knob. Sadly, I too would really like the sharkies and the reverse headstock. But alas, I don't want to butcher either the neck or the body. Does anyone know where I could get one to fit the above described Kelly?

Comment

Off topic, but can you comment on the Q-filter? I have one lying around somewhere that I've yet to use, since I sold my guitar with the L500 set.

Comment

The Q-filter works best with humbucker-sized pickups because what it does is effectively take windings off the pickup. The hotter the humbucker, the bigger the impact. If you're already starting with the L-500 in certain positions, then it's not going to have a pronounced effect. It just raises the resonant peak a bit.

Increasing the pot value is going to increase your overall trebles just as it would with a normal tone control - or a volume pot for that matter.

Comment

Working...
              X