Something came in the mail today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evilution View Post
    Brooke - you need to relax, you are obviously very excited about your new purchase, so much so that you can't stop shaking when taking photos. I thought my eyes had gone funny.
    :ROTF:

Trudat!
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Kaher is making the bridge again, so if you need to replace a 3300, you now have three colors to choose from !

I'll take some better pictures later....Some stable one's I promise..

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post

Kaher is making the bridge again, so if you need to replace a 3300, you now have three colors to choose from !

I'll take some better pictures later....Some stable one's I promise..
        Maybe stop drinking so much coffee.

Comment

How did you know about my only vice....? It's my last connection to this world..

At least it's not Mustaine coffee..:ROTF:

Pictures tomorrow..

Comment

Those DR black beauties looks pretty with composition of that axe

Goood score. Gratz.
            Dinky XL '96 - always stay in tune

Comment

Notice my little Budda. lol I'm a strange man..

Comment

Hey, how are the fret ends on that? Mine had very sharp edges. Playing it was like running your hands up and down a saw blade, until I took a fret file to them. It seemed as though the frets had shifted somewhat over time, and were protruding over the side of the board. I imagine it was a result of climate change. Who knows where the guitar had been before I got it. I detested the stock bridge pickup, which I think was a J90 or something. I think I replaced it with a Duncan Custom, but I sold it shortly after that, so I put the Jackson pickup back in it. I probably should have kept it.

Comment

Is it a Bill Lawrence L500-R or L500-C? It would be odd if it were an XL500 in the neck, especially since it would be hotter than the bridge pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
                    Is it a Bill Lawrence L500-R or L500-C? It would be odd if it were an XL500 in the neck, especially since it would be hotter than the bridge pickup.
                    The neck pickup is a Bill Lawrence, but I'm not sure which one. I was talking about the bridge pickup though.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                      Hey, how are the fret ends on that? Mine had very sharp edges. Playing it was like running your hands up and down a saw blade, until I took a fret file to them. It seemed as though the frets had shifted somewhat over time, and were protruding over the side of the board. I imagine it was a result of climate change. Who knows where the guitar had been before I got it. I detested the stock bridge pickup, which I think was a J90 or something. I think I replaced it with a Duncan Custom, but I sold it shortly after that, so I put the Jackson pickup back in it. I probably should have kept it.
                      Fret ends seem a little sharp, but they do not protrude over the edge of the board.

All I can say is that this is a well made guitar. I am very impressed. The string tension is tight compared to my RR1T though, and thus bends are not as nice, but the sustain from that Kahler is amazing.

You're righ the bridge pickup could be better. Maybe I'll throw a new pup in there..maybe a zebra.

Comment

Working...
                      X