Got another Soloist XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    I didn't see any "jerk-y" behavior in Don's post. I did in yours.
    Well Mom, I'll think about what you said. And if Donny is still mad about it, I'll go up to his room and apologize. Not to mention you were wrong about the trems. D'oh yourself.
    Last edited by kudogg; 03-05-2008, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tanpsi View Post
      Hey soloist XL owners, are the neck profiles thin like the PS4 or Dinky Reverses from the same vintage????

I really dug the sound of a USA soloist I tried but I love the thin necks like my MIJ PS4.
      I think they're pretty close. I had a Dinky Rev from that era and the neck was SO thin. I believe thinner than my XL's, however, the neck appeared sanded down a bit so the previous owner may have thinned the profile even more. Also, the XL has paint on it, whereas the Dinky's don't which makes it feel a tad thicker. It is very similar to an Ibanez Wizard I, wide thin neck.

Comment

Hey soloist XL owners, are the neck profiles thin like the PS4 or Dinky Reverses from the same vintage????

I really dug the sound of a USA soloist I tried but I love the thin necks like my MIJ PS4.
        That's exactly why I love the Soloist XL. As far as I know it's the only soloist with the thinner necks like the PS4, and older dinky's, etc.

Comment

I really don't think they could be any more thin.
          And I can detune a full step, and not require a neck adjustment.
          What's up with that shit?

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
            yes, if not more so.
            that's comparing mine, and my buddy's against my two PS-4's
            outstandingly thin
            like, an Olsen twin locked in a closet for a month thin (or somefin)
            Cool! thanks man. Hey, any first hand knowledge of the neck profile of the 550 XL?

http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=29&pos=7

I know they are logically very similar to Soloists XLs but theres no logic in lust for a turqouise or purple guitar but I have it haha!

Comment

theres no logic in lust
              You said a mouthful there my brotha!

As to the 550XL, I must defer to others... I dunno
              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
              --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by kudogg View Post

I the White Queen there's JT-580 LP, and in Black Prince You have JT-590 (Schaller).

Best regards.
                Dinky XL '96 - always stay in tune

Comment

Originally posted by wilczywilk View Post
                  I the White Queen there's JT-580 LP, and in Black Prince You have JT-590 (Schaller).

Best regards.

Thanks man. I think I'm gonna keep those names too!! f'n awesome.

Comment

Thanks man. I think I'm gonna keep those names too!! f'n awesome.
                    You're welcome

I did not read about any White Queen in history, but Black Prince was a fabulous english knight, son of King Edward III. Vanquisher from Poitiers 1356 A.D.

A proud name I think.
                    Dinky XL '96 - always stay in tune

Comment

Well Mom, I'll think about what you said. And if Donny is still mad about it, I'll go up to his room and apologize. Not to mention you were wrong about the trems. D'oh yourself.
                      Dude you should really think about your attitude against people who are trying to help you, just be cool and read the forums you'll see for yourself, this is not the espee board or something

As for RacerX being wrong, he never is You trem doesn't seem to be fitting there. Look at the red line, it's parallel to the edge of the route while you trem is not. So it must not be resting the way it should on the floyd posts. I bet it doesn't stay in tune well

Check my bands!
                      www.myspace.com/magicktr
                      www.myspace.com/sinif64
                      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

I

I really dug the sound of a USA soloist I tried but I love the thin necks like
                        my MIJ PS4.
                        I have 2 XLs and 1 Reverse...and the neck on the Reverse is thinner and flatter than the XL's. Not by any huge amount mind you...still nice and thin! The XL feels to me like compound radius...where as the Reverse is just flat. I may just grab some calipers here at work and measure when I get home tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                          I didn't see any "jerk-y" behavior in Don's post. I did in yours.
                          The words are empty, it's how you contextualize the words once you read them.

Sometimes it can all be in your head, because you create your own reality based upon your previous experiences, your genetics, and your memories and tendencies from,,shall I say past lives.

So basically allot of people see what they want to see.

Comment

Working...
                          X