Dinky W/Flames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinky W/Flames

Hey Guys, I found a DK2M. It is Red with Ghost flames and a single double coil pickup. Maple fretboard with reverse headstock. Anybody know what this is worth. I believe it was moderately used.

Thanks
    Moses

One of those F'd up GC guitars?
    Most of them have issues with the neck pocket.
    If the neck pocket isn't all jacked up, it's worth about $300 or so.
    -Rick

Comment

Dinky W/flames

Thanks for the warning! I thought it was a nice looking guitar. But looks is it HUH! I found a shop who has one for 900.00 and is marking it down to 389.00. today.

Thanks, I appreciate your input.
      Moses

Comment

$389 is not bad.
        Just check it out thoroughly and if it looks straight, I'd go for it.
        -Rick

Comment

One key thing to look for is how the level the fretboard is with the body. What has happened with some of the DK2M's is that the fretboard might be nearly resting on the face of the body on the bass side and several millimeters off on the the treble side. I've seen a few DK2M's with that problem and some with good neck pockets.

A forum member had some pretty good shots of this problem and detailed how he fixed the routing problem to make his guitar play well.

So like the rjohnstone said, give a really good inspection before plunking down your cash. By the way, that "$900" price is B.S. from the shop: that guitar was nowhere near that price when it was originally sold.
          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

$300 or so for a used DK2M? I was considering picking up a slightly used one in black with a hardshell case for $450. Is the price on these that low and if so, where are they hiding?
            Your friendly neighborhood import whore :: '08 DK2M, '08 DKMG, '03 KVX10, '94 Dinky Rev.

Comment

Used gear has haggle room. Some people are just not good at haggling.

I've seen DK2M's sell for $350 on more than one occasion. Granted these didn't have a case, so that will affect your final price.

$450 with a hardshell case is a decent price for a CLEAN used DK2M.
              -Rick

Comment

Working...
              X