My new Jackson Stars Custom Shop RR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Jackson Stars Custom Shop RR

Just few hours ago postman delivered this huge package, that barely fit into my crowded room :

It's my long awaited Jackson Stars Custom Shop RR. Didn't go without some (small) problems along the road either:

I ordered the guitar in beginning of the August 2007 with these specs:

Right at the start of the new year 2008 I get the email from Ishibashi saying that my guitar arrived and that they're sending me pics! Happy like I've never been before, I open up the images from my web browser and the images I see dissapoint me. Look at the pic below too see why:

Wrong pinstripes!! Arghh!!!

Ok, so I manage them to get it repainted and the guitar goes back to factory last week of January. I was told it would take around 6 weeks time to get it back with correct finish. Luckily it was a bit sooner and my guitar, with now correct pinstripes, was shipped to me last wednesday!

This guitar is, hands down, the best I have ever played! I almost forgot how light alder bodied RRs are! But the tone is HUGE! Sustains for days!!!

It is currently set up with some really thin strings (9s I guess) and in E tuning so this is not the set-up I like, cause I need heavier strings....but it plays really nicely! Fretwork is AMAZING!

Ok, enough of talk, here are some pics:

Here are two quick group pics:

(RR PRO has red strings! GJ Dan Spitz is getting neck pickup soon )

I promise to take some new, better pics once the sun is up and I get it the way I want (J50BC pickup etc..).

Congrats Naz!
    This looks so cool! You're right about the pinstripes, they are now killer man!
    I also love the white bindings!
    This screams metal!

Comment

Killer clean RR! Just beautiful, congratulations.

Comment

Looks much better now. Congrats.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

AWESOME!!! Congrats!!!
          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

That looks awesome
            Congrats on a beautiful axe and finally getting things sorted out with the pinstripe goof.

As soon as I get my Carvin 7 string in April and pay that off.... I think i will be placing a Jackson Stars 7 string order I just hope they can do a Warrior 7 string

Comment

Very nice looking axe!
              Your friendly neighborhood import whore :: '08 DK2M, '08 DKMG, '03 KVX10, '94 Dinky Rev.

Comment

Some things never go smoothly/hassle free. I should know. Glad you got it sorted. Congrats.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

The black beauty..very nice

Comment

That's sexy as hell. Killer RR collection!

Comment

Wow!! Love it.

Comment

congrats on a killer RR!
                        ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Awesome Pics And Guitar!!! Congrats!

Comment

Absolutely fantastic guitar! And a very special collection you got there, congrats!

Also nice to see Ishibashi still pack their guitars very well.
                            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

You had another 24 fret RR Stars. Why did you sell it? To finance the CS one?
                              I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Working...
                              X