RR24 arrives...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR24 arrives...

There's a slight chip on the back of the headstock's nose, the wing tips are untouched. Can't see any play scratches. I've seen a bit of bleed of yellow over the black on one wing - the usual sloppy paintjobs you see on current imports. Setup isn't bad, but I'm gonna push to have it redone and included (Super Slinky 9's are all I'll play).

Here's the deal: I parted in a DK2S (Amber Sunburst), added a £100 cash deposit so far. Because of the headstock, they've agreed to drop the price down to £700. That means I have to come up with £250 to leave the shop with the guitar. I get paid Friday next week.

Comments please.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

you got it man awesome!!
    Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
    Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

I gave Andy a verbal kicking without even trying. This RR24 isn't mine til I pay the £250 next week.
      Last edited by wilkinsi; 03-20-2008, 11:35 AM.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Looks cool to me but the limited edition ones with the cream binding were better Good luck with it & I wouldn't worry about the back of the headstock as well as the paint thingy..
        Last edited by NextInLine; 03-20-2008, 11:52 AM.
        Check my bands!
        www.myspace.com/magicktr
        www.myspace.com/sinif64
        www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

I could have the limited edition version but not thru a UK shop. No part-ex'ing.

I'm having mixed feelings at the moment. My brain's two halves are having this conversation:
          Left: "Pay the £250 and be done with it. And you'll have a damn site more than a poxy £7 to your name for nearly 5 weeks"
          Right: "Pfft! You'd settle for that piece of shit instead of the Limited Edition version?! Are you a complete fucking twat?"
          Left: "It's cosmetics. Still the same fucking guitar. Like those twunts are gonna let you have your deposit back? And what's to say that Ltd version doesn't arrive dented, chipped or scratched?"
          Right: "Black blinding looks STUPID! You were hoping a limited version would arrive anyway!"

See what I mean? I could ask if they'll order another one, but then either the price would go back up or I'd only have one guitar again for fuck knows how long. Ah shit, this is really fucking my mind.
          Last edited by wilkinsi; 03-20-2008, 01:36 PM.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I'm gonna inspect the guitar again next week to see if they've added any damage to the fins. If they have, I'll definitely ask for a replacement. Otherwise, I'll just insist on a free setup. Does anyone else have an opinion on this? Should I pay up? Does £700 for a slightly damaged RR24 sound like a good deal (at least for the UK)? Or should I ask for a replacement?
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Free setup? They probably already did that. Doesn't mean they did, or will do, it right. You'd be better asking for a case. You can set the thing up yourself for free.

Not that I think they'd give you a case, but it's worth a try. Ask for something worthwhile, not a setup.
              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                Are you a complete fucking twat?
                You have to ask!

I'd say as Mr. Tull did before me, get a free case out of the fuckers for it, that way you'll know they've not screwed you on a setup. And stop being such a fanny about your guitars, you'll ding it yourself sooner or later. It's part of its character and may play and sound a whole lot better than the Ltd. your masturbating to.
                Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

whoever is holding that must be a fucking giant!! look at his hands compared to the guitar. i was slightly unimpressed with the paint on my RR24. not what i expect from a guitar worth 800 quid. import or not. some of the black paint on the trem cavity spilled over round the edges onto the white body. there is also a ding on the neck which is below the clear coat. u can't feel it but u can see it.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
                    You have to ask!

I'd say as Mr. Tull did before me, get a free case out of the fuckers for it, that way you'll know they've not screwed you on a setup. And stop being such a fanny about your guitars, you'll ding it yourself sooner or later. It's part of its character and may play and sound a whole lot better than the Ltd. your masturbating to.
                    It's my JOB to be a fanny about my guitars

Sonic: [/quote]whoever is holding that must be a fucking giant!! look at his hands compared to the guitar. i was slightly unimpressed with the paint on my RR24. not what i expect from a guitar worth 800 quid. import or not. some of the black paint on the trem cavity spilled over round the edges onto the white body. there is also a ding on the neck which is below the clear coat. u can't feel it but u can see it. .[/quote]

That's Adam. He corrected that farse of a setup done by Dan and charged £5 less. I think he's 6ft tall. I wouldn't wanna be his enemy.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                      whoever is holding that must be a fucking giant!! look at his hands compared to the guitar. i was slightly unimpressed with the paint on my RR24. not what i expect from a guitar worth 800 quid. import or not. some of the black paint on the trem cavity spilled over round the edges onto the white body. there is also a ding on the neck which is below the clear coat. u can't feel it but u can see it.
                      I thought it was joke 3/4 sized guitar or something LOL. Dude is huge.

Comment

Ha ha ha, yeah looking at the size of that guy's hands is fucking hilarious! I'm just under 6ft, but I don't completely dwarf my RR3 like that!
                        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                          Ha ha ha, yeah looking at the size of that guy's hands is fucking hilarious! I'm just under 6ft, but I don't completely dwarf my RR3 like that!
                          It could be that the photographer is taking the picture of the guitar standing up and not being in level with the guitar itself. So, what you are seeing is actually an angled view and hence the guitar looks tiny. That's my guess... if not, that sure is a giant!! Get the guitar away from him before he snaps the head(stock) off with his fingers. :ROTF:
                          Sam

Comment

Took the RR24 home today and gave the POD X3 Live back. They still have my Strat style Gator case, so I have £80 in credit which means I won't have to pay anything for the Gator Extreme case when it arrives. Here are some better pix:

Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                            X