Jackson pups sound goooood!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson pups sound goooood!

After getting a setup, I finally got to plug my new soloist pro in last night and I was really surprised at how thick and smooth the factory Jackson pickups sounded.

I thought I was going to have to change them out, but I think they'll stay right where they are. They not only look cool, but they sound great, too. I just have to play around with the mid boost - it really adds some thickness when all the way on.

I believe they're the passives with the active mid boost. I know there are a few different sets that came on these. Anyone know what exact pickups came stock on the '93 models?

Anyway, one less thing to worry about! Now, to find a trem bar and case.
    Last edited by usrname; 03-26-2008, 08:31 AM.
    Cheers!

Should be J50B or J50BC in there. Is it covered pickup? With the embossed Jackson logo?

Comment

Yep
      Cheers!

Comment

I like Jackson pickups too. Swapped out a couple but ended putting them back. I'm really not sure what people's gripe with them is. But to each his own.

Comment

I have always loved the sound of jackson pickups, I just wish they were hotter!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
            I have always loved the sound of jackson pickups, I just wish they were hotter!
            +1. The J50BC has buckets of tone, but it needs a good dose of gain boost before it really screams.

Comment

LOL I want to see it!

Comment

I'm a big fan of the J90. Hotter than the 50....check one out if you get the chance.
                Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

The Jackson pickups are very good.J-50, J-95 and J-90C are my faves.
                  The J-100's are nice too for a clean single coil tone.I think the J-80 and J-80C smoke a Duncan JB.
                  Keep in mind Abigail Yabbara(think Fender 60's time frame)worked for Jackson in the 80's winding pickups.
                  I have a set of J-50s in my fusion H-H that I will never part with,huge open fat tone and clear as a bell on a clean amp setting and flat out ooze creamy tone when the od is cranked.
                  I have a box of J-series pickups that I keep to rescue pawn shop Jacksons.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
                    I'm a big fan of the J90. Hotter than the 50....check one out if you get the chance.
                    So do I. J90-C has an amazing tone.
                    Dinky XL '96 - always stay in tune

Comment

I love jackson pups!
                      http://www.myspace.com/bothendsofthepath
                      Anyone have a je-1000 or je-1200 availible?

Comment

Originally posted by wilczywilk View Post
                        So do I. J90-C has an amazing tone.
                        I'll have to keep my eye open for one to try out, but with a Mark IV, hotter pups aren't alway necessary.
                        Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post

LOL I want to see it!
                          Here ya go!

Cheers!

Comment

I believe it is a J80 in my KV Pro (bridge). I'd have to agree that the tone and defnition of the pup was beyond my expectation when I got the guitar a year ago (haven't touched the stock pups even though I thought I would want to).

Comment

My

My only experience with Jackson PuPs was the J85 double blade ceramic...just horrible. But after this post...I grabbed the PuP I pulled from my XL...and on the back it reads:

J H - 1

I suspect the 10.8 refers to output...but the J H -1 thing has me stumped...

Comment

Working...
                              X