Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

change the strings one by one.

Comment

Change them all at once. Where does this myth come from of doing one by one?

And it's HEEL not HEAL. HEAL is what open cuts do, HEEL is the END of something, like your foot, or a guitar neck.

As for the first guitar mentioned: it was probably a USA Fusion, as was stated. The Dinky replaced the Fusion sometime in 1994, and the USA Fusion and USA Dinky were not made at the same time.

$1800 would have been the MSRP on it at the time.

As for the Dinky you have now, it was made in 1994. There is no "first 2 numbers rule" for Jacksons. It's the "FIRST number prior to 1996 Rule". The first number (not numbers) is the last number of the year it was made.

However, and everyone please read this carefully, that stopped in 1996.

About mid-way through 1996, every bolt-on import got a serial number starting with "96". From 1996 until today, import bolt-on Jacksons made in Japan have serial numbers that start with "96" or "97".

As for the black Dinky posted: it's a DK2 before they started putting real USA Duncans in them, which could mean it was made from 2001 to 2006.

It was made in Japan.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thank you thank you~
        It helps to know a little something about my stuff...LOL

Comment

And it's HEEL not HEAL. HEAL is what open cuts do, HEEL is the END of something, like your foot, or a guitar neck.
          You make me miss Ron.

Comment

Working...
          X