No announcement yet.

Problems with trem, I think.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retune the shit out of it with the top locks undone, and adjust the springs so that the bridge is perfectly flush, usually if this doesnt work, take into a tech and ask about the spring tension, there should be 3 springs, one in middle, and two angled. depending on if you play standard tuning E, and have a 9 set of strings, which is the most common setup, thats what I play. try not to use your finetuners just get it in tune, if when you pull up then let it drop it is flat or somthing, then push down and let it go back and its back to normal, then yeah, springs, I hate that problem. Also be sure that your trem arm screws all the way in, and screw it all the way in so it doesnt swing freely, you can strip the threads if you leave it to swing freely as the screw mechinism that you thread the arm into can end up with "play" as it is not tightened. Not that this had full relevance.
    www.myspace.com/memnochband
    www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Comment

Well, the weird sound is from the neck, it needs a slight adjustment. It does not seem to have any negative effect at all since the adjustment should be so slight; still, in the long run...well, I don't want to find out, plus I can't bear it to have such details. Plus the sustain is kind of lacking. I still need to adjust the pickups a bit though.

The tuning thing might as well be the springs, as you mention blackendvampire. In that case is no big deal, considering how I actually use the trem while playing. Still, I'll fix up those springs. Thank you all!
      Last edited by FM Piotr; 04-03-2008, 04:27 PM.

Comment

If you still get the noise after the neck adjustment, please check your locknut mounting screws. Here is another case where that was the problem (also note how he thanked me for pointing him in the right direction... not. Miss seeing that guy around... ):

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...hlight=locknut

He described it as a "clicking" sound. For me it was more of a creak, like an old rocking chair.

Comment

Working...
        X