Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soloist Pro

Hey guys,
    i own a 92' soloist pro ebony fingerboard, changed pickups to Tone-Zone Bridge, Hot-Rails neck, fender vintage single in middle....

i never tried USA sl1, but wondering if the sl1 will sound different with the same pickups like mine. maybe better?

thanx
    Don't drink & drive if you can smoke & fly!!!

Hard to say. Soloist Pro's of that vintage are pretty close to comparable...the Pro's made of Poplar & USA's are Alder...so the Pro might be slightly heavier but sound similar to a USA using the same config.

Soloist Pros of that vintage are fantastic & highly sought after. Very close to USA's of the same vintage. Nothing wrong with having 10 nearly identical guitars, but if you're looking to get only one to diversify your collection keep in mind you already own a high quality Soloist.

Of course like any guitar 2 Soloists that come off the line the same day right next to each other can play & sound different from one another, so the only solution is to head to the guitar store!

Vass
    Last edited by Vass; 03-29-2008, 07:20 AM.

Comment

i had a Charvel 650 XL, it's the same soloist, but with rosewood fingerboard and nonresessed floyd.
      maybe because of the nonresessed floyd and the fact that the strings are positioned higher above the body it sounded deeper stronger and more resonant (unplugged and plugged)

i've sold it because i'm not used to nonresessed floyds
      Don't drink & drive if you can smoke & fly!!!

Comment

Soloist Pro is probably a little better IMO

Comment

Working...
        X