Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dinky reverse question?

Hi all -

How are the dinky reverse guitars, namely the one on the right?
    http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage....736&fullsize=1

I think that finish is awesome looking but how does it play? How similar/dissimilar are they compared to the dk2m (which i have tried)?
    How much do these go for these days?

Thanks always,

jeff
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Kiesel Aries
    Charvel USA Wild Card #3
    EVH 5150 iii 50W, 1x12" EVH w/ Celestion Lynchback, Boss RV-3

They

They are great guitars...and very under-valued. Thinnest neck you will find on a Jackson. I bought one (The purple one in the middle) and have been thru 10 other Jackson/Charvels in the past year alone...and its the one I alsways go to for pure shred. I will never sell my purple meanie!!!

My girls...

Comment

I always loved the reverse headstocks until I played one, just couldn't get used to the thing pointing back at me.

The newer DK2s come with real SD pickups, is that an old catalog or do those still come with Jackson pups?
      Jackson KV2
      Jackson KE1T
      Jackson KE1F
      Jackson SL1

Comment

Thanks everyone -

How are the necks on these? Are they similar to the dk2m, flat and wide or different? I can't try one out so i have buy one used based on all of your personal experience.

Thanks

Jeff
        Kiesel Aries
        Charvel USA Wild Card #3

Comment

Never played a DK2M, but I can say the necks on the old DR-3s and DR-5s are incredibly thin. My buddy that I used to jam with had an Ibanez with one of the wizard necks, and the neck on my dinky was a lot thinner. Wouldn't exactly call it a wide neck. They really are great players, you can find them on ebay for pretty cheap, occasionally. Some people dislike the JT-580LPs on these, but I've never had any issues with mine after 10+ years, with regular maintenance (it's one of the Takeuchi models, if that makes a difference).
          EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

I used to have one of the quilt top ones. The necks are ridiculously thin. My hand used to cramp up from playing it because it was so thin. It was a great guitar, but I returned it due to a warranty issue.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by mustaine-who? View Post
              They are great guitars...and very under-valued. Thinnest neck you will find on a Jackson. I bought one (The purple one in the middle) and have been thru 10 other Jackson/Charvels in the past year alone...and its the one I alsways go to for pure shred. I will never sell my purple meanie!!!

My girls...

I used to have a purple one just like that. I also had one in candy apple green. The necks are pretty thin. My Dinky HX has a thin neck like that, too, and I don't really care for it as much any more since it's so thin.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If its too thin, i think i'll pass then. I had an ibanez rg550 (wizard neck) which was way too thin for me, my hand would cramp, so i ended up getting rid of it.

jeff
                Kiesel Aries
                Charvel USA Wild Card #3

Comment

I haven't played a Wizard in a very long time, but I think they're a tiny bit thinner than the Jackson.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have a DR3 with a Dinky RVS neck on it (MOP sharkfins) and it is definitely thinner than my DK2M's neck. However, I wouldn't say it's the thinnest I've played, Jackson or otherwise.
                    sigpic

Comment

I have the exact guitar 'on the right', the dinky w/maple and stone finish. It is definitely one of the thinnest neck Jackson/Charvels I own, as other's have said, it's definitely thinner than my DK2M and DK2MRGF, and in the neighborhood of the wizard neck.

Comment

I bought my Dinky Rev. brand new in 1995 and it's been the most durable, stable, and comfortable guitar I've ever owned. I now only buy these guitars, I've found what fits me so I'm sticking with it. A while back I got lucky and found another one on ebay for $180.

Here's my baby.

My Toys:
                        '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                        '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                        '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                        '94 Dinky HX in Black
                        '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Working...
                        X