Jackson Kevin Bond info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Kevin Bond info

Hi everyone, this is my first post on this board, I am very interested in buying the KBRR, i was hoping to here you guys that own them opinions on the guitar, I was reading a post that says some off the produced KBRR have lacqured fingerboards which is not mensiond on any spec i have seen i so far,also i have heard the nut is plastic dont know what that would be like, please post some pics too off yours, thanks and hope to here you guys info.

Hey welcome to the board. I have owned 2 KBRR's a red and green bevel . They are very nice guitars. Very basic and to the point. The necks feel like a standard RR1 but with the pentagram inlays . The bridge also has the fine tuners which is nice. The sound with the stock pickups is very scooped with a sharp attack and lots of ouput . I swapped out the stock duncan out on mine. The guitar is very light and is very well balanced , being mahogany its not neck heavy At ALL which is probably the best part. Over all its a very straight forward beast i loved mine, but had to sell them to buy my dream KV2t... hope this helps abit good luck

Comment

thanks, if your KV2t only had a bridge pickup how would you compare it with the KBRR?

Comment

The two guitars overall are COMPLETELY different ! the KBRR was my main player and fav. guitar for the longest time its a really cool and unique guitar if thats what your looking for , i modded my KBRR with schaller locking tuners, and and EMG 81 and it was killer . If you're looking for a single humbucker V than grab the Bond its a really nice guitar for the money .. you wont be dissapointed

Comment

I too added locking tuners but have stuck with the stock pickup so far. I love the way it plays and the lightweight body is an added bonus.

Yes the nut is plastic and could have been cut a little cleaner but certainly nothing to bitch and moan about. The pentagram inlays seem to have turned a lot of people off on these boards but i think they look great, something different that the usual sharkies or piranha inlays.

Comment

thanks guys you have been a great help, don`t know whether to go for the red or green bevels though lol,i would either keep the iommi in or put a dime-bucker or other duncan in, kinda gone off the emg`s just now, my dream guitar would be a mustaine KV1 or PRO but there like so hard to get your hands on these days, olso been considering this but dont wont to get it then its crap, least i know whare i stand with Jackson, mine are awsome, is there any chance you guys could post some photos of your KBRR`s on this thread, that would be so excellant,
            http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=370039018326

ok its not a Jackson,

Dose anyone know if Matt Tuck is geting a signaure Rhoads into prodution?

Thanks again guys

Comment

sorry i put that link in the wrong place

Comment

Originally posted by KBRR View Post
                The two guitars overall are COMPLETELY different ! the KBRR was my main player and fav. guitar for the longest time its a really cool and unique guitar if thats what your looking for , i modded my KBRR with schaller locking tuners, and and EMG 81 and it was killer . If you're looking for a single humbucker V than grab the Bond its a really nice guitar for the money .. you wont be dissapointed
                Uhm...you DO realize that Kevin (KBRR) is the guy who designed this, RIGHT..it's his sig model. Just wasn't sure if you were aware you were getting input from the designer of the model.

Comment

Uhm...you DO realize that Kevin (KBRR) is the guy who designed this, RIGHT..it's his sig model. Just wasn't sure if you were aware you were getting input from the designer of the model.
                  I thought kevin bond was kevinbond not kbrr

Comment

Yes, the real Kevin Bond's screen name is kevinbond.
                    Here's the last thread he posted here. http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74601
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah im aware that the KBRR is kevin bonds sig. thanks for the link toejam

Comment

I am not Kevin Bond lol

Comment

I know what you mean about the KV Pro and 1 being hard to find and when you do way over priced or in terrible condition. I have a KV2 and it is a great guitar. May want to look at that. I am just finishing a resto on the KV2 I will post some pics soon. If i can find a pro that is a good price and does not need a headstock repair than i willl grab it and resto it myself.

Comment

yeah i have the KV2 aswell, its my best guitar but wish i bought the KV1, at the time i thought Floyds were the way to go but i much prefer a string-thru or fixed tail pice/ kalher to avoid taking wood away from under the pickups for that mega grunt tone and feeling,

Comment

I agree I also would have liked the KV1 but I am still real happy with the KV2. You can always block your Floyed. I have thought about that but just have not got around to trying it yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X